Chapter Two

"For the last time Pete, we are not watching a zombie movie. End of discussion."

"Ah come on Chloe, what's wrong with a horror movie?"

"Zombie movies are not horror movies. Horror movies have plots, with real monsters or serial killers in them. The undead coming back to life, and eating people, is not classified as horror."

"It is!"

"Is not!"

Clark shook his head; as he walked into the Talon, listening to his two best friends argue over something meaningless. The bell hung over the door rang, alerting the residents of his presence along with...

"Woof! Woof!"

"Clark! Krypto! Long time no see." remarked a young man about the same age as Clark. Pete wore a green t-shirt, with blue jeans, and white sneakers. He was dark skinned, showing off his African descent, brown eyes sparkling with joy of seeing his friend, and annoyance to the other friend who was sitting across from the table. A golden Labrador ran up to a young woman who began petting him.

"You saw Clarkbar close to two hours ago." said the teenage girl, petting the dog. Her short blond hair almost reached to her shoulders, which barely covered up her pale skin from the thin red tank top she wore, along with blue jeans and sandals to match as well.

"It's a form of greeting, something that you don't know about." Pete retorted.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're always barging in on people, nosing in on their business that doesn't concern you. You were almost killed on a couple of occasions!"

"Hey! I needed to get the story." Chloe explained. The spunky blonde was Smallville's best reporter for the High School. She was always there where the action was, or trying to find the facts and the truth, which most of the time got her into a lot of trouble that was too much for her; Especially those dealing with the meteor mutants of the town and having to be saved by Clark.

"Chloe you're always trying to get the story." Clark commented, with a sigh. He couldn't count the numerous times that he had to save his friends, ranging from mutants wanting revenge to ordinary humans wanting the goods. Some of the situations were close calls, almost exposing his super abilities or not making it in time.

"Well that's what makes a good reporter. Always on call and observed at all times. Speaking of which..." she began, looking at the item in Clark's hand. "Nice flowers."

Clark looked down at the bouquet of flowers. He had brought them over to the Talon along with the note, to show to his friends.

"Are they for someone special?" Pete smirked, making his friend blush.

"Well technically no."

"No?"

"Well you see...I found them in my loft when I got home a few hours ago." Clark explained.

"Do you know who sent them?"

"I have no idea. There was nothing with them except this note. And no, it doesn't have a signature. I already checked." He pulled out the note from his pocket to show to his closet friends. Pete and Chloe read it, with Pete laughing so hard and Chloe smiling softly with a hint of teasing in her eyes. Clark blushed even more.

"Clark Kent has a secret admirer!" Pete exclaimed, laughing some more.

"I do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"At ease children." Chloe smiled, chuckling quietly at her friends antics. "Sorry to say this, but with a poetic note about your beauty and amazing eyes, tagged with pretty flowers sent to you, you have one romantic lover who wants you." Pete snorted while Clark tried to cover his face. His cheeks, maybe his whole face was red from embarrassment. He almost looked like the color of his flannel shirt.