◻Chapter 10◻✔️

Juggling The Jumbles

At times I stay transparent, but the fancy masks neglect my existence. But worry not. With the march of truth, I will rise again.
~ REMEDIES.
__________________⚫___________________

"She needs our help!"

He mumbled as he packed some unusual leaves and scented sticks in his tanned brown, pleated leather satchel. Grabbing the glass jug, he guzzled the water down his gut in one go.

"But what could have gone wrong that she had hurt herself?"

He shoved the phone inside his pocket while his hands hurriedly rolled the loosening folds on his elbows.

"Come along. Time to unleash the truth." He said as he pulled him along.

Panting breaths and jagged steps made them surpass the little junkyard in the front to reach the lovely flowers of the garden. Crumpling the crunching leaves and stomping the faint perishing flowers, they stepped out of the patternless black iron gates.

Tushant rushed his steps as the pooling beads of sweat soaked his skin, turning it red with burning stabs of the noon shine. After some time, he looked back only to find the other man gaping at the two-story house walled by a glass verandah. His lips muttered inaudible sounds, making Tushant wave his palms at him.

"Thinking, are you?"

"Something is not right."

Stating that, he took a thin lilac stick and lit it with a green glass lighter.

"Have some sense, t. This broad daylight. Above that, you are in public and-"

Ignoring all his caution, the man lit up the stick that emitted some purple fumes. Tushant gazed clueless at his actions while resting his palms on his thighs to relax the tension. He could witness the fumes gradually becoming nefarious, reflecting dark shadows in the aquamarine skies as they were held in the direction of their house.

What could this mean?

"Holy heavens!"

Muttering it, the man ran. He opened the gates ghastly ajar. Tushant accompanied him as a rush of confusion trickled his nerves to annoy him.

"She is at the right-"

"I know."

He turned the knob to enter the hallways, where he was greeted by a woman whose face looked paler than usual.

"Ayya-"

Creases filled her aging temples as those curious eyes read the strange person.

"Maa, idhu-"

"I'm heading up. Get me a few jugs full of water."

His rushing steps were strong enough to make Tushant grab the two steel-plated copper jugs from the table. Climbing the stairs with erratic steps creating a croaky noise, they reached the door that was half opened with no glint of the morning allowed into it.

Strange! She never stays alone in the darkness.

"This is the effect."

He rolled his wrists to join his palms and recited a phrase between his lips. He then opened his pouch to pull out everything possible.

"Is there something that I could do?"

"Stay here. I will ring this bell every five minutes, and if I don't, then light this brown incense and let its vapor pass through this coiled fern. Got it?"