11. It's Going Down Under

"Shorty" I hear the laugh through half of the paddock and immediately my smile returns to my face. Honestly I wasn't sure if that would be possible today after that hell of a planeright. After our connection flight from Hongkong was canceled and we have been stranded there for nearly 18 hours and also delays, my day off is now non existing any longer. We should have landed like midday of Wednesday. Now it's 6pm on Thursday and I arrived perfectly timed for the big team meetings at the end of the press and media day. I must look terrific in the worst way ever but I am just happy to finally be here. In the land of the honey badger and the only continent I've never been to. That is something I can tick of my bucket list for sure. And here is also my favorite Aussie coming my way. By his side two bright smiles who seem utterly familiar. The tall dark haired to his right spots me first and smirks at me. And right after Daniel shouts his nickname for me through half of the paddock. "Hello" I grin and great all three of them. Heidi looks as stunning as usual as she closes her arms around me. "How are you?" "Exhausted" I chuckle while hugging Michael. "But you are here now. Welcome in the coolest country ever" "Oi Oi?" I try to joke but simply headshakes are the response. "That's a freepass darling. We blame it on the travel trouble." I chuckle the embarrassment away before yawning again. "So how are things?" "We presented the lego McLaren yesterday" "Nooo " I throw my hands in the air. I really really wanted to witness that. The idea of it is just so special and cool. "Yeah, sorry. It was so cool tho" Daniel teases me and gets a good look of my tongue in response. Michael presses the button on his walkytalky "Yeah we are in our way." Then he pulls Daniel on his arm with him. "Let's go guys we are late for the meeting" I nod and follow them next to Heidi rushing down the paddock. There are a few people I greet on the way. It's good to see them all again after this small break. Especially this face infront of the Ferrari garage. "Hey there. Are you OK?" Charles tries to get the hold of me but I am already running behind. As much as I would like to chat with him, I don't have any time. "Hey there, I am so bloody late. Let's talk later, OK?" I swift his shoulder with my hand and give him a big smile. Before I head on I get a famous Charles Leclerc wink in response. With a little chuckle I crack on and follow Daniel and Michael, who just entered the Motorhome. Heidi stayed behind to hold open the door for me so I can rush by like lightning McQueen. "Thank you" I say to her and then make my way into the big meeting room. The heads of the departments are already there along with Lando and all the needed staff. We are the last ones to arrive. When I spot Lando my eyebrows fly in the air. Whoever touched his curls and cut them like this should be in prison. Before I could even ask Andreas addresses my presence. "Anna, I thought you would be at the hotel." "No, I wanted to take part in this" "Okay but we put you out of schedule for tomorrow. You need to have a day to adapt before work" I want to protest but the look I get from Sophie over Andreas shoulder let's me close up my mouth again. I simply nod in response. Not only have I missed two days but need to sit out another one. Where exactly is the point of even being here? Pissed I take my seat next to Harry who looks at me slightly amused. "I have never seen someone so eager to work" "Shut up" I his at him which a laughs off.

It turns out my boss was right. I needed that day off desperately. I slept nearly half the day. Enjoyed a stroll around the city before having dinner and going back to bed. But now I feel amazingly refreshed and just when I started putting on my makeup for the day my phone starts ringing. It's a WhatsApp call from Charles, which I except on my laptop. "Good Morning" his hair is wild pointing in every possible direction. Slight circles are under his eyes but his smile is as bright as usual. "Good morning Charles, sorry I completely forgot to get in touch with you." I feel bad about it. "No worries. I heard about your travel difficulties." While listening to him I grab the small mirror from behind me and put it on the desk in front of me. "Oh yeah it's been annoying."I carefully tap in my primer to hide these pores." How are you? " I ask and smile at him before concentrating on filling my eyebrows."Really good. I like the track a lot." "Feeling comfortable?" I smirk over to him. "Very much. By the way. Red suits you. You should wear it more often." I look down on my top which is indeed the same color than the livery of Ferrari. I chuckle. "Don't you dare say this in the presence of my coworkers" the pencil lands in the make up bag again when my hands fish out the color correction kit. I place the redish color under my eyes and the greenish one on these red spots on my face. Charles eyes follow the process while he rests his head on his hand. "What is this?" Surprised I look at my laptop. "Didn't Charlotte teach you?" "No, she doesn't like it if I am around when she gets ready. She says it's annoying." "Oh alright. Well this here" I show him the product closer in the camera "is for correcting my skin. I can cover up red spots or the dark circles under my eyes. And then I put this on top" I show him my concealer before placing it on my face. Carefully I work it in with a small sponge. "I feel like getting a lesson here." He jokes which makes me chuckle. "Your favorite influencer Anna here. And next is bronzer" I hold up the powder. "It will make your skin look like it's sun-kissed and less dead" And I continue to do my makeup with making small comments through the whole process. Charles follows closely. I am not sure if I am boring him but he kinda looks fascinated. When I spray my fixing spray all over my face and let my hair back down I smile bright in the camera. "Tadaa" "Gorgeous" he gives me a small applause which makes me blush a little. He's been very kind over the last days and such a good friend. I really underestimated him. "So, whats up anyway?" I reminded myself he was the one calling earlier and I am sure there is a reason behind it. It concerns me to see his bright smile disappears quickly. "Yeah well I did hear some news. That reporter mentioned he would go ahead and publish the story anyway." "What?" my voice does a backflip. How did Charles didn't adress this earlier. This would break loose hell. "Wait. Wait. My contact also said he doesn't believe any other media would publish it. There is no evidence. Highly theoretical and you are simply not important enough." That let's me breath again. I really hold on the air for a moment. "And you trust him?" I ask careful. "He is in the business for more than 35 years. So yeah I do?" he nods seriously with a slight encouraging smile. Then I guess, I have no other choice than to trust this guy myself.