Chapter 4

My heart was racing. Oh my god. Did I enjoy what just happened? Did I enjoy not struggling, and letting him do that to me? I shook my head and sighed. I started to pace the floor, my chain trailing behind me like a little puppy. He has this . . . Effect on me, that nobody else has. I slapped myself in the forehead. He abducted me! He has stolen me from my friends and family! Shouldn't I be trying to escape? I sighed again, and sat down on my mattress. I picked up a granola bar, and crunched on it thoughtfully. Maybe if he wasn't so handsome . . . But that shouldn't be a factor in it at all! I should be scared of him. I should be begging him to let me go, but I'm not.

What is wrong with me? It's just that he is so gentle . . . No!! He left bruises on me! But he did kiss them and say he was sorry . . . No. I'm done. I'm refusing him from now on. But what if he gets mad? He will get mad, who am I kidding? I don't want him to be mad at me . . . I'm scared of him when he's mad. I begin to cry once again. I lay down on my mattress, and I hold myself. He says he loves me, but does he really mean it? If he loved me, he wouldn't hit me, right? But he doesn't really love me. He just wants somebody to play with whenever he wants. I am his plaything, and nothing else. He is lying, so he can pull me further into his game. He is trying to get me to trust him.

But I know what he's doing. I won't let it happen. I don't care what happens to me. If he kills me, I don't care. At least I won't be torn between my emotions. But there's also the possibility that he is being sincere. The look in his eyes when he looks at me . . . And he looked so sad after he hit me. I don't know what to do. I guess I just have to wait to determine what to do. When he comes back I will ask him. I rolled over on my back and wiped my tears from my cheeks. I wonder if Mom and Jeff are looking for me. I wonder if Skip whines at the door when I don't come home from school. I wonder if my friends even noticed I'm gone. I haven't been gone for very long, but who knows how long he will keep me? I mentally brush it off and roll over to take a nap.

I wake up with something dark in my face. I look up, and it's still light outside. I slowly move back and sit up. Mo was laying in front of me. One of his hands was around my waist while the other was curled up to his chest. His breathing was slow and soft, meaning he was still asleep. I sighed and turned over. He mumbled something, and pulled me closer. He put his face in my neck, his breath tickling me. I looked down at his hands around my waist and sighed. I closed my eyes, and fell asleep again. The next time I woke up, it wasn't on my own. Mo would gently kiss my lips, then whisper my name. He did it over and over until I stirred.

I stretched, and groaned, then turned over again. "Oh, no you don't." Mo said. He grabbed my hips and pulled me onto his lap. I lay there, limp, pretending to be sleeping. "Meggiiiiieeeee." He called. I groaned. "Mmmmm." He lightly shook my shoulders. "You slept so soundly, I didn't want to wake you up for dinner." I opened my eyes, and I froze. He. Was. Gorgeous. His usually messy hair was even messier, and it was standing up on the side of his head. He ran his hand through it, and it leaned to the right. The light from the window reflected off of the wall, and into his deep brown eyes. They seemed to glow as he looked at me.

"What? Did I drool?" He wiped his face. "No, no. It's nothing." I smile, and he smiles back. I sit up, and I reach for the third granola bar. He pulls me onto his lap, and I lean my back on his chest. He loosely holds my stomach, and rests his head on my shoulder. We sit in silence as I finish my granola bar. "Guess what?" He whispers. "What?" I whisper back. "I got your stuff." He says. I turn my head around to look at him. "Really?" He smiles. "Yeah. Do you want me to go get it?" I climb off of him. "Yes, please!" He flops back down on the bed and groans. I look at him, confused. "What's wrong?" He feints being tired, and wails. "I'm so tired and weak! I don't think I could ever get up!"

I get up, and stand over him. "Come on!" He only wails louder. I grab his arms, and pull him up. He makes no effort to stand up, so we both topple to the floor. I fall on top of him, and he smiles. "Could you possibly transfer energy from your body to mine? A few kisses here and there should do." I pout. "Do I have to?" He shakes his head. "Kisses for Papa?" He puckers his lips and makes kissing noises. I close my eyes and sigh. "Come on, just a couple." I open my eyes, and he's smiling that sexy half-smile he does so well. "Ugh. Fine." I say. I lean down, and hover mere centimeters from his lips. He lifts his head up to kiss me, but I move my head back, smiling. We do this a couple more times, before he drops his head down on the floor.

He closes his eyes and lies still. I wait for a moment, then slowly lean down, and place a gentle kiss on his lips. He immediately brings his hands up to my face, keeping me there so I couldn't pull away. He deepened the kiss, but was so gentle. He didn't move fast like he normally did. He took his time, making sure nothing went untouched. I began to smile, trying to pull back, but he kept holding my face, kissing me. I started to laugh, and I was able to roll off of him, out of his reach. But not for long. He lunged at my legs, and pulled me under him. He rolled me on my back, and kissed me under my jaw. "You are so beautiful. I love you." He whispered. I stopped him, and held his face in my hands. I looked deep into his eyes, then smiled, and pulled him down to my lips.

He said he loves me!!! OMG!!! What do I do?! Oh well. I was getting butterflies in my stomach. He was going so agonizingly slow; his kisses were soft and his touches were cautiously gentle, almost as if asking for my permission to touch me. I kissed his lips one last time, then made a little trail of kisses following his jaw to his ear. I felt him smile as I gently pulled on his ear with my teeth. I laid back down and looked up at him. "Are you energized yet?" I asked with a smile. He sighed, and sat up on my hips. "I suppose..." He stood up, then helped me stand up. "Wait here." He said. I motioned to my foot. "Does it look like I'm going anywhere?" He gave a half-hearted smile, then walked out the door.

He returned a few minutes later with a package of bed sheets, a pillow, and two plastic bags. He set them down on the floor, then went back out. I tried to pick them up to look and see what was in them, but I couldn't reach. "Damn you." I muttered under my breath. I impatiently waited for him to come back with what was left. When he did, I was surprised with what he had. He was carrying two buckets of paint, with two paint brushes. He set them down and smiled. I looked at him in shock. "You didn't say anything about painting!" He shrugged. "Well, I wanted to surprise you!" I ran my hand through my unruly bed head. "Well, that's exactly what you did!" He stepped over the bags. "Are you okay with that?" I smiled up at him. "Yes. I'm perfectly happy with that." I walked over and gave him a hug. "Thank you