Impacted Lives

No one made a peep as they watched Russia, now breathing steadily with a steady heartbeat. His torso was covered with bandages, as well as the top of his head. His hair was still caked with blood and dust. He was shirtless so it would be easier for the doctors to change his bandages. The way he lay there, all weak and vulnerable, gave everyone a pang if fear and sadness. No-Man must have been very powerful to take out the largest Country. No matter, everyone was still grateful that he was still alive.

Everyone was spread across the room. Some sat in chairs, some stood against the wall. Others sat in the floor.

Russia's siblings were extremely saddened by their brother's state. Many tears were shed during that time. As France, the seemingly only comforting person there, soothed them, every CountryHuman realized how Russia impacted their lives for the better.

Germany saw Russia as a brother, someone he could turn to when things got rough.

Japan was friends with almost everyone, and she really wanted to see Russia's face when Canada told him her greatest secret that only she and America now knew about.

China was Russia's best friend. They did everything together from pranking, to talking, to protecting each other. It hurt him to see his friend in such a sorry state.

Britain saw Russia as a son. Russia was always there when he needed a favor. Britain was also there to comfort Russia after his mother died.

France saw Russia as her own child as well. Whether it was from maternal instincts or not, she always felt the need to be by his side through thick and thin. When France found out that Russia became so severely depressed after his mother died that he began to start cutting, she became extremely upset, and was immediately there, doing whatever she could to make him stop the dreadful habit.

Spain and Italy were on the same boat as China. They were Russia's best friends. They were infamously known as the Qrazy Quartet, causing mischief everywhere, but also helping people out with it simple acts of kindness.

America thought that Russia was a cool dude. He was there for others, fierce, strong, and not afraid for others to know his opinion. He could respect that.

Poland was slightly afraid of Russia, as he was with every other country that was bigger than him, but he thought of Russia as his hero. During WWII, when Poland was in Third Reich's custody, he felt as if he were all alone in the world. Luckily, Russia was there to keep him company, and gave him the courage to rise up against Reich.

Brazil felt that they and Russia were the same in a lot of ways. They both agreed that both of their music genres were pretty awesome. They were both known for being loud and obnoxious at times. They were both the largest Countries in their continent. However, there was one difference that set them apart: Brazil was non-binary. However, Brazil knew that Russia wouldn't judge them for their sexuality, so Russia was one of the few people that Brazil had the courage to tell.

Canada didn't really know how to tell Russia the truth. Would she just go and tell him, just like that? Or would she slowly introduce the topic slowly and then tell him? He would probably think she was crazy.

A small groan cane from the bed in which Russia laid on. Everyone was brought out of their thoughts as they crowded around his bedside.

Russia painfully opened his eyes to see his friends and family standing around him with worry and concern. He tried to sit up but his body protested. He gave a small yelp of pain as he immediately fell back on on the bed as he felt a sharp pain in his ribs. Probably broken, he thought. He let out a shaky breath, wincing at the pain it gave him. "Definitely broken," he stated in a small voice.

Canada couldn't take it any longer. She stretched over to Russia and gave him a bear hug, not one that would hurt, but enough to satisfy him. Russia's eyes widened as he stiffened at the sudden hug, before melting into it. His eyes went soft as he used his uninjured arm to return the hug. He saw Canada as another sister, so the hug was okay for him. Soon, everyone else joined in, embracing him in a "family" hug.

It was nice to know that everyone cared so deeply for the relatively young CountryHuman, and that he cared for them back. Many loved Russia and he loved them back.

The hug lasted a long time, and no one really wanted to let go. But when they ended it, it was only to make sleeping arrangements around the room. Nobody wanted to leave Russia alone.

Everyone had sleeping bags around the room, all of them designated for the Country's flag color and design. The British, French, Canadian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, American, Italian, Polish, and Brazilian flags were spread across the room, as well with the Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Moldovan, Georgian, Azerbaijani, Armenian, Turkmen, Uzbek, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, and Tajik flags. And Russia was covered with a blanket with the Russian flag on it.

Everyone fell asleep quickly, after a long and tiring day, but Russia stayed wide awake, his mind swirling with thoughts. Who was that No-Man? What did he want with me? His thoughts blurred as he grew more tired, averting his eyes to the ceiling. Before his eyes closed, and he fell into a dreamless sleep, one last thought flashed through Russia's head.

Why did No-Man's voice sound like a woman's?