Your Name Hurts

Camila's POV
I woke up at the sound of music playing and someone singing. I had never heard that song before, and then it hit me; it was Hailee.

The poor girl had drowned herself in work ever since we got here, desperately trying to distract herself from the situation with Y/N. I knew how hurt Hailee was when she found out about Y/N and Lauren; it completely broke her.

I glanced over at the clock on my bedside table, seeing it was the middle of the night. Hailee chose to work now, when everyone else was asleep, but I didn't blame her; you can't control when inspiration hits you. And besides, she was very emotional at the moment, so she might not want anyone seeing her like that, even though she knew we would never judge her.

I got out of bed and tiptoed over to the door, and made my way out into the hallway, hearing her voice more clearly for every step I took towards the studio. I stopped in front of the door and heard her singing softly, but then the music cut off, followed by a groan, "Why?! Fucking hell!"

I widened my eyes and knocked on the door, before opening it, "Babe, you alright?"

Hailee looked up at me with teary eyes, "No.." She was sitting by the mixer with her notebook in her lap.

I stepped into the studio and closed the door behind me, "What's wrong?" I asked and sat down in the chair next to hers, brushing a few loose strands of hair away from her face.

"It-It.. it's just not right.." Hailee cried and handed me the notebook, with tears rolling down her cheeks.

I looked down at the open page and read a few lines, before looking back up at her, "What's not right?" I kept reading, feeling the pain behind every word.

"This.. right here.." She whimpered and pointed to a line, making me look down at the page. I read the line in my head, Every time I hear that word.

I thought about it for a moment, before looking back up at her, "What if it was sound instead of word?" I suggested and grabbed a pencil from the desk, erasing the old word and putting the new instead, before handing the notebook to her.

"Every time I hear that sound.." Hailee mumbled and then looked up at me, her eyes still wet with tears, "You're a genius, Mila." She smiled a bit and got up from her chair, pulling me up as well, and engulfed me in a tight hug, "Thank you."

"Anything for you, you know that," I chuckled softly and squeezed her tightly, causing her to giggle.

"I've been struggling with that stupid line for like an hour, and you just saved me," Hailee grinned and wiped her tears away with the back of her hand, as we pulled apart.

"Happy to be of service," I smiled.

"It's finally finished, and now I can record it," The taller woman spoke excitedly with a bright smile.

"Get your cute butt in the studio, then," I smirked, causing Hailee to burst out laughing.

"Nice quoting," She giggled and went into the booth with her notebook, putting on her headphones.

She gave me a nod, telling me she was ready. As soon as I played the track, her smile faded away, remembering how sad this song in fact was.

(Na, na, na, na, na)

The intro played and I sat back down in the chair, watching as Hailee took a few deep breaths, getting herself ready to sing.

We're a half-written story without any ending
You left me to figure it out
Filled me with ecstasy, left with the best of me
But where's the rest of me now?