We Don't Talk Anymore

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long break. It has literally been three months today, since I last updated this story. I've just had so much going on and I still do, but I'm slowly getting back into writing. The updates are probably still gonna be slow, but I'll do my best to update on a more regular basis.
Thank you all for being patient with me <3
————————————————————————

Hailee's POV
It was crazy to think that I would be recording the very last song of the album today. It would soon be released into the world and everyone would finally get to hear it.

This last song was special; I had been writing it with Selena, she had been a great help and in fact, she was gonna be singing it with me.

"So, how are you feeling?" Selena asked, while we were getting everything ready in the studio, "Are you ready for this?"

"Yeah, I think so," I nodded with a small smile, "It's just a weird feeling, you know?" I said and she nodded, showing me she knew exactly what I meant. "I can't thank you enough for helping me with this, and also for wanting to help me sing it," I smiled at her and pulled her in for a quick hug.

"Anytime, Haiz, you know I've always got your back," Selena smiled as we pulled apart, and just then, Taylor and Camila walked into the studio, ready to help us record.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," Taylor smiled and sat down by the mixer, "You ready?" The blonde asked and looked at me.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I smiled softly and went into the booth, Selena following close behind. We both put on our headphones and gave Taylor a thumbs up, telling her we were ready.

The blonde nodded with a smile and pressed play, allowing the pre recorded track to fill our ears. I closed my eyes and took a breath, before starting to sing.

We don't talk anymore
Like we used to do
We don't love anymore
What was all of it for?
Oh, we don't talk anymore
Like we used to do

Y/N and I hadn't talked in a very long time, and it was no secret that I missed her like crazy. I wanted her back, I wanted to be the woman in her life, but I wasn't. And it seemed like that was exactly what she wanted. She wanted nothing to do with me.

I just heard you found the one you've been looking
You've been looking for
I wish I would have known that wasn't me
'Cause even after all this time, I still wonder
Why I can't move on
Just the way you did so easily

In all the interviews Y/N had been in recently, she would always get asked about her lovelife, and each time, she would say she was happier than ever with Lauren. She would talk so lovingly about Lauren, saying she was everything she had ever been searching for.

Don't wanna know
Kind of dress you're wearing tonight
If she's holding onto you so tight
The way I did before

I hated seeing her with Lauren. That used to be me. Accompanying her to social events, holding her hand in public, showing the world that she was mine. But now, that role belonged to Lauren and I hated it.

I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game
Now I can't get you out of my brain
Oh, it's such a shame

I thought about Y/N all the time. Every single day. She would be the first thing on my mind when I woke up and the last thing I thought of before falling asleep.

I sang the chorus and stepped back, giving room for Selena, who would be singing the next verse. The slightly shorter brunette shot me a quick smile, before stepping up to the microphone.

I just hope you're lying next to somebody
Who knows how to love you like me
There must be a good reason that you're gone

Even though I didn't like the fact that Y/N was with Lauren, deep down I just hoped the green eyed woman treated her right, and loved Y/N like she deserved to be loved.

Every now and then I think you might want me to
Come show up at your door
But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong

I wanted to contact her, I wanted to be with her, I wanted to see her. And I wanted her to want me too. But then again, if I were to be wrong.. I don't know if I can deal with another heartbreak like that.

Don't wanna know
If you're looking into her eyes
If she's holding onto you so tight
The way I did before

I missed the way it felt when I held Y/N in my arms and gazed into those captivating eyes of hers. Those eyes; they were one of the very first things I noticed about her and one of the many things I love about her.

I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game
Now I can't get you out of my brain
Oh, it's such a shame

I stepped back up to the microphone and we sang the chorus together, harmonizing with each other perfectly, before finishing the rest of the song.

Don't wanna know
Kind of dress you're wearing tonight
If she's giving it to you just right
The way I did before

The thought of Lauren's hands on Y/N's body made me feel sick to my stomach. I hated when my mind would go to that place, because I genuinely didn't want to know.

I wanted to believe that no one ever would be able to fill my shoes, and yes, I know that sounds bad and it might be, but it's the way I feel and I don't know how to change that.

We finished singing the rest of the song, smiling and laughing when we were done. I pulled Selena in for a tight hug, picking her up and spinning her around, almost knocking over one of the microphone stands in the process.

"Hailee!" The shorter brunette shrieked and laughed, as I placed her back on the floor.

"Sorry," I giggled and then looked at Taylor and Camila, who were both smiling at us from outside the booth.

"That was incredible, girls," Taylor said with a bright smile, as Selena and I made our way out to them.

"Agreed," Camila smiled and hopped onto my back, hugging me close, causing me to stumble forward a few steps, both of us giggling.

"Thank you, guys," I smiled and held onto Camila, making sure she wouldn't fall, "This album wouldn't have been a reality if it wasn't for you, and I'm so grateful for all your help. I honestly have no idea how to ever repay you."

"There's no need for any of that," Selena smiled and the other two nodded, "We are your friends and like we've said so many times, we're always gonna have your back."

————————————————————
We Don't Talk Anymore
by Charlie Puth feat. Selena Gomez
————————————————————
A/N: Thanks for reading!
Hope y'all enjoyed!
Have a good one <3