good 4 u

Hailee's POV
When Y/N's album came out, it hit me like a train and it hurt; it made me sad, but at the same time it made me furious.. especially that last song. She was basically screaming that she was done with me and didn't want anything to do with me.

I was actually done with my album and it was supposed to be released one of the following days, but the moment I heard my ex's new album, I was right back in the studio, writing one last song.

-

"Alright, I'm ready," I sighed softly and put my headphones on, after entering the booth, giving Taylor and the other girls a knowing look, seeing them press play on the track that we had recorded the day before. Soon enough, the music filled my ears and I got myself ready to sing.

(Ah)
Well, good for you, I guess you moved on really easily
You found a new girl, and it only took a couple weeks
Remember when you said that you wanted to give me the world? (World)

I was so pissed, and I quite frankly didn't care if I had any right to be. Y/N had moved on like nothing ever happened, getting together with Lauren shortly after we parted.

And good for you, I guess that you've been working on yourself
I guess that therapist I found for you, she really helped
Now you can be a better woman for you brand-new girl (girl)

I knew she had gone to therapy after everything that happened, and that she was working on herself, since she wanted to be a better person. And yes, I knew I could use some therapy myself, and I probably would start going there very soon, 'cause I really did need some help.

Well, good for you, you look happy and healthy
Not me, if you ever cared to ask
Good for you, you're doing great out there without me, baby
God, I wish that I could do that
I've lost my mind, I've spent the night crying on the floor of my bathroom
But you're so unaffected, I really don't get it
But I guess good for you

She had moved on and she seemed to be doing so much better without me, but I sure didn't. I really didn't; I missed her so much and I hated myself for the way I treated her. I had spent hours crying over her and in the meantime, she seemed like she didn't care whatsoever.

Well, good for you, I guess you're getting everything you want (ah)
You bought a new car and your career's really taking off (ah)
It's like we never even happened
Baby, what the fuck is up with that? (Ha)

Y/N had gotten more and more popular, and every single media outlet was talking about her. Multiple of her songs had hit the charts in the matter of hours after her album had dropped; it was safe to say she got the fame she deserved. Because she did deserve it, I would never deny that; Y/N was an incredible artist and she deserved to be known for it.

And good for you, it's like you never even met me
Remember when you swore to God I was the only person who ever got you?
Well, screw that and screw you
You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do

The lyrics to her last song Cut You Off kept playing in my mind, she didn't seem affected by any of it anymore. When we were together, she claimed that I was the only person who understood her, but now, Lauren seemed to fill my shoes just fine; at least it seemed that way when I looked at Y/N from afar.

Maybe I'm too emotional
But your apathy is like a wound in salt
Maybe I'm too emotional
Or maybe you never cared at all
Maybe I'm too emotional
Your apathy is like a wound in salt
Maybe I'm too emotional
Or maybe you never cared at all

The song was coming to an end and I was getting more and more furious, feeling every single emotion behind the lyrics; I was practically screaming into the microphone as the last chorus played.

Well, good for you, you look happy and healthy
Not me, if you ever cared to ask
Good for you, you're doing great out there without me, baby
Like a damn sociopath!
I've lost my mind, I spent the night crying on the floor of my bathroom
But you're so unaffected, I really don't get it
But I guess good for you

Well, good for you, I guess you moved on really easily

The song came to an end and I was panting for air, trying my best to catch my breath, as the track ended. I took off the headphones and reached for the bottle of water I had next to me, downing almost the entire thing, before looking up at my friends.

All three of them were looking at me with wide eyes, clearly not expecting it to get that aggressive. They had seen the lyrics, but I don't think they were expecting me to sing them like that.

Anyways, now I could finally say that I was finished with the album and it would be released very soon. So now, I just had to wait and see what the world had to say about it.

———————————————
good 4 u by Olivia Rodrigo
———————————————
A/N: Thanks for reading!
Hope y'all enjoyed!
Have a good one <3