To leave you behind

Rumi goes home, defeated and broken, as Hamna had kept calling her.

Hamna takes her aside and asks her where she went.

"Zoya ko kuchh zaroori kaam tha." Rumi says.

"Tumhari aakhein toh kuchh aur bataa rahi hain Rumi. Mujhe pata hai tum Hamza se mil kar aayi ho, mujhe batayaa Bilal ne jo bhi hua kuchh din pehle. Ab kyaa kahaa usne. Mujhe toh lagta hai woh aise nahi peechha chhodega, police mein report karni padegi."

"Hamna tum meri fikar mat karo, mujhe jo karna hoga main khud karlungi."

"Lekin Rumi woh tumse aisi waisi baatein karke tumhein behlaa rahaa hai, main jaanti hun usse achhe se. Woh chaahta hai tum firse uski baaton mein aa jaao. Aur woh-"

"Bas karo Khuda ka Waasta!" Rumi joins her hands and leaves to see her mother.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

For the next 2 weeks, Rumi goes to see Hamza every day, but gets disappointed every time as there's not even a slight improvement in his condition.

She holds his hand, talks to him and cries when she's alone in the room with him.

Hamna on the other hand feels very enraged as she notices Rumi going out every day, probably to meet Hamza. She thinks that Rumi is falling prey to his words.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rumi and Hamna's mother gets better day by day and on the other hand, Hamza's condition keeps getting worse. Rumi feels very defeated every time she comes home from the hospital. Hamna as usual complains to her and blabbers about Hamza convincing her to come back. While all this happens, Azeem suspects that there is something else that's going on that Rumi is so crushed.

As the days near of them going back to Pakistan, on the last second day of their stay in the U.S., Rumi and Hamna go to the consult the doctor one last time. The doctor again stresses only one thing, not to stress their mother about anything or give her any kind of mental or emotional pressure.

On the last day, a few hours before their flight to Pakistan, Rumi goes to the hospital again to meet him, in hoping he might still wake up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She sits beside him and holds his hand in both of hers.
"Hamza, meri baat suno. Ab jaldi utth jaao dekho mere pass zyada waqt nahi hai meri flight hai kuchh hi ghanto mein, ab main kaise jaungi tumhein aise dekh kar. Fir dekho na, jab tum theek ho gaye tab main yahaan nahi houngi aur tum utth kar mujhe nahi dekh paaoge. Isiliye keh rahi hun, please khuda ka waasta utth jaao."

She kissed his hands while crying and lays near his arm. Her tears flow onto his arm.

"Tumhein pataa hai meri puri zindagi mein maine kisi se itni beintehaa mohabbat nahi ki. Tum jaise bhi ho jo bhi hai, maine kabhi tumhein apne dil se nahi nikaala. Tum meri rooh ka hissa ho, main zindagi se toh alag kar sakti hun lekin apni rooh se toh nahi, kyunki Allah Talaa ko pata hota hai kaun ham sab ka roohdar hai. Aur aik baar woh mil jayein toh kabhi judaa nahi ho paate. Tum utth jaaoge toh main Pakistan jaa kar dobaraa jaldi hi yahan waapis aaungi."

She gets interrupted by the machine beeping. She looks at him if he's moving, but nothing. She then runs outside to get the doctors, hoping it is a good sign.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After analysing everything, the doctor calms everyone stating it's nothing to worry about and then Rumi follows the doctor again, asking what was the issue.
"Nothing to worry about Mrs. Khalid. It was a false alarm."
"Sorry? False alarm for what?"
The doctor lets out a sigh.
"For the fact that we were going to lose him in there."
"What??!!"
"He almost had a brain death. We got him back this time, but it's very difficult for me to say till how long will we have him with us."

Rumi's eyes stay wide. She expected something better but instead it got worse.

"Doctor, when that happened, I was talking to him. Is it possible he was listening to me and his brain reacted to what ever I had said?"

"We can't really say if a patient is totally aware of their surroundings or not. But in some cases, yes, the person reacts to something that has been said or done around them. But if it's something sensitive, that could had a really negative effect on their condition."

Rumi starts to think if it's because of her that he's not getting better. If it's her he doesn't want to see because she made his life a living hell. And because of her, he had to overdose and numb himself, so she thinks maybe in his heart, he really hates her. So, that's why his condition got worse. She decides it's better to not meet him anymore or come back for hin. She leaves, not saying goodbye.

Their flight boards and they leave for Pakistan. Once again she left him behind, not knowing if she had to or not. Not knowing if Hamza wanted it or not. That sinking feeling in her heart is always there now.

They reach home and suddenly Rumi feels so blank, depressed. At her house, she looks and checks everything that is related to Hamza, the chair he sat on, the gifts he gave her, his favorite clothes of hers.
She cries every day but silently, not letting hrr mother and sister know. She prays multiple times a day again and again for Hamza to recover but she doesn't receive any good news from Zoya.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the wait guys I've been so busy lately. Will be finishing up this story very soon!!!!💕💕