Chapter 14: How far you'll go?

Lina was the first to immediately respond to Mel as she cross-blocked with her swords against his downward swing which cracked the ground underneath her, he as gotten stronger but why is he attacking them. Sara then sees his eyes and hers widen realizing what has happened "Mel isn't himself! We need to wake him up!" she yelled and Ilia immediately contacted the other teams, Lina was having a hard time fighting Mel, he is stronger and faster than before he was taken away, they've gotten strong but not this strong, Mel then broke away from Lina as he dodged energy bolts from both Sara and Ilia who Mel responded by aiming his rifle shooting at them, the ground where they were as they dodged exploded and they look at Mel with surprise "Since when did he get a rifle?" Ilia asked and noticed that his aim was on point.

Mel then twists his body as he then swept a black and yellow blur as it tried to barrel into him, he then kicked the mid-flipped Olivia to the side as the rest of her team landed and team JOKR landed with them surrounding him, Mel felt his belts, nothing, no flashbangs and smokes he is all on his own against at least to him people who had the mark of an x on their faces. The way he looked at everyone was eerie.

"Oi! Snap out of it, idiot! Can't you see we're your friends here! I am sorry for not doing more to prevent your kidnapping alright?!" Olivia said, she really isn't the kind type of person.

"Oh, come on Olivia that is not how to snap a friend out of it" Marisa said as she rests her hammer on her shoulders.

"Days..." Mel said getting everyone's attention "Weeks..." the dead tone sent shivers in their spines "A month... they drained me dry..." he said as they felt a pang of guilt "You left me..." he said and everyone flinched.

"We... we didn't! We were told to wait for you they said you'd escape!" John said and that didn't quell the pain in their hearts.

"I turned 19 in hell..." he said and everyone's eyes widen "Happy birthday to me" he said as his blank eyes stare at Lina "Right?" he asked and his partner's tears flowed down her cheeks.

She was choking on her words nothing could escape her throat as she stared at the person, she promised to be beside looking at her with dead eyes, Mel moved thrusting his sword in speeds that they couldn't follow the speedster was barely even keeping up with Mel's blade was inches from Lina's neck everyone saw with wide eyes as Mel's other hand was grabbing the sword by the blade, his right eye is slitted and glowing while his left was a dead dark eye "No... one... is... dying... for... me... again!" he said grunting with each pause as he struggled to look at Marisa "Now!" he says to her and Marisa snapped out of it as she then launches herself sending Mel flying by slamming her hammer into his back.

Mel slammed into a tree breaking it and he was knocked out cold, Lina snaps out of the state that she was in and immediately rushed towards Mel but his sword turned into a wolf puppy surprising everyone as it growled at everyone protecting Mel. "I am sorry... please... I am sorry..." Lina was crying and begging as the pup eyed Lina "I love him please... we love him" she said as Sara, Ilia and Ruby rushed towards Lina.

"We... we weren't there for him and left him alone" Ilia said and she kneels down beside Lina embracing her.

"I was supposed to make sure something that happened to me wouldn't happen to him" Sara said crying.

"We were supposed to be there for him so please... let us see to him" Ruby begged Pandora whose tentacles stopped pointing dangerously at the four and went to Mel's neck wrapping itself around it, the four then looked at Mel and they see a scar along his neck which hurt them.