Chapter 21: Homecoming

Team MSIL was inside the headmaster's office, the four had a serious look on their faces as they review a black box footage of a scout ship, they see something faster than a bullet take out one of its engines, Mel's eyes widen slightly at the location sighting of the monsters.

"Our records have nothing on the pair so you two are going in blind, I've personally trained you three" James said as he looks at the girls and then looks at Mel "And you've still seemed to be above them, you keep your promises even after being stuck for a while" James said and Mel smirks lightly.

"Well busting out did need some effort and work such as killing and such" Mel said as Sara giggle and smiled.

"How many did you take out Mel?" Sara asked eagerly and Mel chuckled and pets the trigger-happy girl.

"Enough, it was a research facility with scientists that works on humans, a few guards and Layna, but I didn't kill her she overpowered me still" Mel explain and James coughed and the four paid attention at the headmaster once more.

"Be that as it may, you've earned these" James said as he pulls out a briefcase and hands it to Mel, he opens it and the four's eyes widen as they see what was inside "As of today you are now team MSIL of Aten, official hunter team of the academy, your holo-tabs have now a copy of your license also your personal profile has it as well" James said and they picked up the objects in the briefcase.

The four were holding medallions of emblems they've drafted a while back, Mel was holding a sideview head of a wolf with a vein pattern on it, Lina had a forward-facing bunny head with a roman numeral clock on it, Sara had a forward-facing dragon head with atoms around it and lastly Ilia had an elf head with circuit patterns on its face.

"I am sure you four won't disappoint me, congratulations, you shall represent Aten and coordinate now on higher ranked missions with collaborations of your choosing, I trust your judgements, knowing how you four came so far from being strangers to a team that wouldn't let anything happen to each other I say that with your skill, talent and power that you've earned your license but you do have to answer to me still until the four year time period" James said and the four nodded "As you saw in the video footage that will be your first mission as official hunter and huntresses, now you will have to drop from the ship a few kilometers from the ruined town, you will make your way on foot to not lose a ship again to the monsters, it was clear that they have a long range attack that can move faster than the pilots could register" he said and the two nodded and left to prepare.

"Would that be wise sir? I mean they're about to enter the second year of their time here and they would need more experience to be on the mission let alone get their license" Jacob inquired and James nodded.

"They've been in a life and death situation more times that we can give them credit for, Mel specializes in people combat and he spars with his team and his friends regularly with noticeable improvements with them, Sara and Mel have the most experience in people combat and possibly take a life in Sara's case, Ilia and Lina had a more sheltered life between the four, sooner or later they will take a life if they haven't already and if we don't get them ready now then when?" James asked and Jacob just stood silently as he contemplated in his boss' words.

Lina was walking with along with her team and she feels the air around Mel shifting and she was worried "Mel are you okay?" she asked and Mel snapped out of his thoughts and look at Lina.

"Yeah... just the location that we're heading isn't really a fond memory of mine" Mel said as the three looked a bit worried as they know his past "Come on, let's just kick the monsters out of ruined town" Mel said as they entered the armory.