21

Time skip : December - Award Season

Jungkook was invited as an MC and a performer while Jimin was nominated for two daesangs - Artist Of The Year and World Wide Icon Of The Year , and was expected to win at least one .

Jungkook was called 3 hours before the broadcast started for a quick , last rehearsal .

Jimin was sitting in the car , all by himself . The car was in the parking lot of the venue of the award show . Jimin was nervous , for he knew that today the reporters would throw a lot of questions his way . When they were approaching the loud crowd surrounding the red carpet area , he asked his driver to pull up somewhere quiet . The driver understood and got out as soon as they stopped at the parking lot to give the panicking idol some space .
Rather than focusing on himself , Jimin tried distracting himself . He scrolled through his news feed and came across an article with the headline : "DATING SCANDALS AND TOXICITY IN KPOP" , out of curiosity , Jimin clicked on it .
The article mentioned a lot of idol couples who were either announced by dispatch or were caught kissing by sasaengs . The author highlighted on how a few months after their companies confirming the relationship , the idols broke up either for unusual reason or for no reason at all . The article continued to explain how these couples were obviously deeply disturbed by the backlash they and their careers had to face because of these dating "scandals" . The couple who decided to do stay together never got support from their companies and had to terminate their contracts , bearing all the financial loses themselves and were forced to leave the industry as a whole .
Jimin , to say the least , was even more disturbed by this . He needed to clear his mind now . He opened YouTube and searched for cute animal videos but rather ended up somehow re-watching G.C.F. in Tokyo for the millionth time .
Jungkook posted the video on the older's birthday as a surprise gift . Jimin was blown over by his fiancé's efforts and video editing skills . He loved every bit of that video , and even made one for Jungkook . Though Jimin thought that the one he made  'wasn't good' , Jungkook was bursting in joy every time it played .
After finishing the video , Jimin , again - Out Of Curiosity , scrolled down to read the comments . The top comments were very sweet and obviously from shippers who weren't able to contain their excitement on seeing their ship finally set sail . But the comments towards the bottom , were to threaten the ship into becoming another Titanic .

"SLUT - Park Jimin is such a slut . People say he's dating our kookie , have you seen him with other idols ?? He clings to basically every male idol on the stage - he's probably had sex with all of them"
"Threesome ??"
"I don't think that anything less than an orgy would satisfy his lust"

"He's trying to use our baby to boast his own career . Such a CLOUT CHASER"
"Trying to lure our cute baby into his evil plans"

"Park should try his hand in the prostitution business. He's a natural anyway."
"He's cut out to be a PROSTITUTE"

"He belongs to the streets"
"Should've been a stripper instead . If it was upto him , he wouldn't wear clothes anyway"

"JUNGKOOK , STAY AWAY FROM JIMIN . He's just a gold digger"

"#PROTECTjungkook"
"#STAYAWAYjimin"
"#jikookNOTreal"

"Don't worry so much guys . Jungkook to doing this - fabricating a false relationship for the public , just to protect his actual REAL relationship with -

Before Jimin could finish reading the comment , he heard knocking on the tinted window , he was resting his head on .
"Babe , it's me . Let me in"
The older promptly opened the door and let Jungkook in .
Getting seated beside Jimin , Jungkook questioned after looking at his face , "What were you watching ? Give me your phone . Give it to me right now , Jimin" , Jungkook sounded angry , because he really was . The older's mental health had not been very well for the past few weeks . It had been bad to the point where he even suggested that they should again reconsider their decision of getting married .

"It was nothing . I swear"
"Nothing ? Then swear on me that it was nothing"
"Baby-" , Jimin finally broke down and hugged Jungkook . Taking this opportunity , Jungkook took Jimin's phone to see what exactly was he doing on his phone that made him break down like this .
Reading the comments , Jungkook felt like choking all of these so called "fans" to death for hurting his precious lover like this , writing all these outright degrading things without even giving it a single thought . But this wasn't the time to get angry but to console the his fragile crying mess . Jungkook rubbed the shorter's back , trying to calm his breathing . He let Jimin let it all out before talking to him .
"Baby , don't read all this Nonsense . You trust me , right ? You know this isn't true . You know I'd never choose anyone over you . NO FUCKING SENSIBLE PERSON in this world ever would choose anyone over you . You are PARK FUCKING GODDAMN JIMIN , half of k-pop is ready to simp for you . Are you gonna let these little fuckers mess with you when all they are is jealous of you ? Baby , I know you way better than anybody , even better than you , yourself , and I KNOW that PARK JIMIN ISN'T A WEAK PERSON . You basically made this diamond-studded career out of scrap metal . When even the threat of the local gangs couldn't stop you from street dancing , are you really gonna let just a few typed words break you ?"
"I could fight what I see , how am I supposed to handle this -" , the older's voice broke , as a tear fell down his cheek .
"You don't , you're not the one who should handle this . You close your eyes , hold my hand , and let me take you through , just like you always guide us through new places . Just lean on me and let me handle this shitshow"
"Hmm" , Jimin hummed while the younger wiped his tears .
"I'll kill for you .
And I mean it ."
"Actually I do have a hit list , so if you wanna .. you know .. take a look ..."
"Guess the fanfictions are not that unrealistic after all . I've read one before , it had a cringe title , the plot was build around your hit list but all the shitty plot didn't matter cause the smut - shit , I mean - hahhahhahahahahahahhahahahaha "
"Don't worry babe you're not the only one reading"
Jungkook froze in shock and utter disbelief .
Jimin kissed the younger and broke his chain of dirty thoughts . Jungkook focused himself back to Jimin and saw Jimin going over him to sit on his lap .
"Babe , let's try roleplay tonight"
It had been the younger's deepest darkest fantasy but he had been just too shy to tell Jimin but now hearing it being suggested from the other side , he just wasn't able to control his excitement and took Jimin's face and peppered kisses all over .

Jimin proceeded towards the red carpet while Jungkook went back in to greet the organizers and interview the rookie idols on their 1st nominations .
Jimin walked the red carpet like his own runway , he didn't stop to answer a single question , neither did he listen to any of the comments of the fans . The visible "mosquito bite" mark was something he didn't care if the media noticed . There was a reporter at the end of the carpet , Ms.Cha , she had been known to get close enough to the idols for them to trust her by telling them the secrets of other's in the industry , and after getting enough information , she starts either blackmailing their agency or releases it to the public , under dispatch's name - even though she's a freelancer .
"Aah , Jimin-ah , Jalsaenggyeosseo!"
"Khamsamnida , Cha gija-nim"
"Seems like your girlfriend is a wild one"
"Oh , you shouldn't be concerned"
"What was that trip with Jeon ? A coverup of some sort ? You're both obviously dating someone , so the trip was a coverup right ?"
"You have no IDEA , Ms.Cha"
"So can you give me some ?"
"I don't think I want to , plus like I said it shouldn't concern you . Either join dispatch or do actual reporting , you're just drowning the image of freelancers"
Walking away , Jimin didn't forget to wink at her and wave at the over flow crowd .