Prologue:

*7:30*
I was supposed to be home a half hour ago but my boss made me stay after, to finish his work. Now I have to get home before he does. I pull into the driveway and see his car already parked in his space. I walk into the house hoping he's asleep, but he sitting in the chair across the room. "Where have you seen, I thought you got off at 6 o'clock?" I nodded at him and kept looking toward the back room. "I was working, I told my boss I had to leave but she didn't listen." I chuckled...barely. I put my things down and start walking to the back room. "She not back there." I looked at him with a scared look on my face.

"Where is she, where's my baby?" He laughed and sneared at me. "She mine as much as she is yours. Or is she your bosses? You lied to me Caroline, you told me you boss was a woman, but I looked "her" up and I saw pictures of the both of you all cozied up together. I know the truth, I know you what you ready do at work. You cheat on me with that piece of crap."

Before I could say anything he hit me, over and over again. "Stop please stop. I didn't mean to lie. I needed the job to pay bills so we could stay together." He hit me across the face,"STOP LYING TO ME!" He threw me against the wall and walked out.

It felt like a few hours passed as I laid there bleeding on the ground. I heard the door open and thought he came back yo finish what he started but it was the babysitter with my daughter. "Oh my gosh Ms.Caroline are you ok. I'm calling the police just hang on ok hang on." As she said those words I let the darkness take over.