Chapter 27: Hi

Lexi finished talking to Sam and got ready for work. She tied her apron behind her back into a pretty little bow, and put on her visor. She got into her car and pulled out of the lot. As she drove, a song came onto the radio that reminded her of Isabella. It was their song. She turned it up, smiling a little. She missed her, but things were so messy. How was she going to tell Isabella about last night.

She got to work and walked into the Little Bean. Her eyes didn't know where to look when she eventually saw Isabella's signature wavy blonde hair walk through the door. Lexi should have known she'd see her when she heard their song on the radio. Lexi pretended to look busy, which was pretty easy because she had orders to take and coffees to make. The line kept moving up and eventually it was Isabella's turn.

"Hi" Isabella softly said.

"Hi" Lexi responded.

Isabella looked around, then back at Lexi.

"Can we talk?" Her eyes sorry.

Lexi opened her mouth, but no sound came out. She looked over at Marc, he gave her a nod.

"Sure." Lexi said.

They walked over to the corner and sat down at a booth.

"I'm sorry about everything i've put you through the past 2 years. I kept wanting something from you that you couldn't give me, and it was unfair to ask you to." Isabella said.

"Thank you" Lexi said. "I really appreciate you saying that." She fidgeted with her clothes a little.

It was silent for a moment.

Isabella broke the silence, "I told Rosa everything. About what happened to me, about what's happening with us." She said letting her head fall, staring at the floor.

"What is it exactly... you know that's, happening with us?" Lexi intrigued unsure of where they stood.

Isabella took a deep breath feeling embarrassed.

"That we're on a break, and that you would leave me for good if I didn't start getting real help." Isabella looked up at Lexi.

Lexi reached her hand out for Isabella to hold.

"I'm so proud of you. I am." Lexi smiled.

Isabella let out a nervous chuckle, "Thank you, it was probably the hardest thing i've had to do since... you know."

Lexi saw how vulnerable she was and knew there was no good time to tell her, but she needed to know.

"Bells, there is something you should know. Not because I regret it, but because I have too much respect for you to not tell you." Lexi said to her.

They exchanged looks.

"I slept with someone last night." Lexi said ripping off the bandaid.

Isabella pulled her hands away from Lexi.

"What?" She asked sadly.

Lexi looked down at the table trying to explain, "We were on a break and-"

Isabella interrupted, "Did it mean something to you?"

Lexi looked into her eyes and stuttered, "i- i dont. I don't know. maybe, i-"

"Is that why you wanted to take a break? So you would have a free pass and not feel guilty?" Isabella asked angrily through her tears.

Lexi looked shocked. "What? No that's not..."

"Then what was it? If it didn't mean anything you would have just said 'no' but you didn't." Isabella said.

"Bella, i didn't mean to hurt you I-" Lexi started to cry as well.

Isabella stood up, "No. I don't want to hear anymore." She said as she wiped a tear.

"Bells!" Lexi cried out as she stood up, wanting to follow her.

Lexi watched Isabella leave. She covered the lower half of her face with her wrist, trying to hide her tears. She rushed into the bathroom.

She locked the door and slid down the cold door, onto the floor. She cried into her apron. She never meant to hurt Isabella, but she didn't understand the things she was feeling.

Isabella got back into her car, hitting the steering wheel a couple times before crying into it. She let all her emotions out. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't feel. All she could do was cry.