2

"hi, sunoo hyung."

sunoo jumped in bed and turned to see who had spoken. a silhouette of a tall boy was standing in the darkness.

"nishimura riki! it's two in the morning! go sleep in your own bed!" he hissed, although he had to admit he was lonely without ni-ki by his side.

ni-ki climbed into the bed, ignoring him.

"i can't sleep," the maknae confessed, his words soft and weary as he brought his lips closer to sunoo's ear, making him shiver. don't be so attractive, ni-ki. please. 

sunoo shifted over, allowing ni-ki to have most of the bed. he was used to it anyways.

"aren't you excited too?" ni-ki suddenly asked, concern edging his husky voice. sunoo stared at him through the darkness.

"of course."

"we're best friends, right?" the younger continued, and sunoo chuckled, bewildered. a smile stretched from one cheek to another.

"forever," he breathed affectionately, reaching for ni-ki's hand. 

and that's how they fell asleep - hand in hand.

"kim sunoo... now it's my turn to wake you up."

sunoo opened his eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light that suddenly hit his face.

the blurred shape of ni-ki stood over him. the tall boy pinched his cheek, eyes shining, and sunoo jerked his head away from his fingers, squealing. his heart began to race.

"hey!" jay's voice came from outside. "it's so early. stop making noise!"

jungwon's voice then followed. "sorry! jay's grumpy today!"

"yang jungwon! don't apologise for me!"

"sorry, hyung!"

ni-ki rolled his eyes and looked down at sunoo again. as they locked gazes, sunoo unconsciously widened his eyes and puckered his lips a little, tilting his eyebrows downwards so that he was pouting.

"fine, i'll get dressed," sunoo sulked when ni-ki didn't move at all, and the latter finally let him go.

when he left his room after dressing, he found ni-ki standing by the front door, ready to leave.

he was dressed in full black, with a blue cap on his head. his cap covered his forehead, but sunoo could still see his blonde hair sticking out from underneath the cap. 

sunoo couldn't keep his gaze off him. he just looked so good. his palms began to sweat as he walked over.

as ni-ki noticed him, he brightened and held out his hand for sunoo to take. 

again. his heartbeat felt so fast. 

"w-where are we going first?" he asked curiously as they walked out. the fresh breeze brushed against his skin, and he sighed contentedly.

today's going to be a perfect day, and nothing will ruin it!

"god, sunoo, can't you be patient for once?" ni-ki teased gently, eyes darting from side to side as they crossed the road.

"ni-ki... you know i can't be patient when it comes to you," he replied without thinking, feeling a small smile on his lips. 

oh god. what did i just say. sunoo-ah, why can't you just keep your mouth shut?  he chided himself, noticing ni-ki smiling knowingly, saying nothing.

hmm... why is it so hard to tell what ni-ki is feeling?  or thinking? he's so mysterious...

he turned his head away, drifting into his own thoughts, when ni-ki squeezed his hand.