023

you looked outside the window of your car, watching the people on the streets. some were walking past, some slow.

you grabbed your phone and dials Giornos number.

"hey y/n." you hear giorno say after he answered.

"hey giorno, just calling and letting you know i'm leaving! i'm so happy to go home, but i'll miss you and your team, tell them i said bye." you said with fake enthusiasm.

"oh..." he almost sounded disappointed, "alright i'll tell them, we'll miss you too... come and visit when you can."

the truth was, you didn't want to go home. you wanted to stay here, and hangout with giorno and his team everyday.

tears welled up in your eyes when you thought about how you would never have time to hangout with him.

all the memories you've made with him filled your mind.

the day he took you to that special place, you loved that view.

or the times where you talked about if you would rather eat thumb tacks or nails.

when he carried you upstairs to let you get a little more rest.

when you both talked for hours, loosing of time and getting home late.

he made you feel so many things, things you can't describe. he made you feel welcomed, and important.

becoming a mafia boss was one of the best things you've ever done, but deciding to reach out to giorno took the cake.

_______________________

you took in front of the airport with a sad smile. you were waiting outside... just in case giorno came to say goodbye .

'stop y/n, he doesn't have to come... he has better things to do.' you told yourself. as minutes went by and no sign of him, you felt an empty feeling in you.

your eyes dropped down when you heard the plane would be departing soon.

_______________________

"go! go tell her how you feel Giorno. she's leaving today right?" Mista said quickly. he paced in front of giorno with determination.

'he has to go confess now.' mista thought.

"right now actually." Giorno mumbled.

"she's leaving right now? bucciarati! talk some sense into him. he's not listenin' to me!" Mista yelled over to Bucciarati.

he nods and walks over.

"if you love her then go tell her." Bucciarati said siting beside him.

"i do but she loves Lino..." he looked at the ground.

"forget about the rules or the fear of looking ridiculous. what is truly ridiculous is passing up on an opportunity to tell y/n that your heart is invested in her. it's better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride or ego. go tell her giorno, before you can't." Bucciarati advised.

It took a moment to process what bucciarati said but when it finally clicked, giorno stood up and rushed out of the house. he started his car and drove quickly to the airport.
_______________________

you tightly gripped your bag and frowned. 'i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.'

you slowly walked to the door, you only had a little bit before you would leave, you could see people boarding the plane.

you dug your nails in your hand creating crescent shaped marks.

'i should've confessed, then left so i didn't have to hear him reject me. maybe i could call and see if he'll come here real quick...' you grabbed your phone and tried to turn it on.

"shit.. it's dead." you dropped your arms defeated. you slowly walked to the door, taking forever to reach your destination. 'what if he comes and i'm not here.'

_______________________

bucciaratis words always helped giorno, he'd have to repay him one day in thanks.

he kept checking his watch. 'her flight leaves at 4. its 3:55. am i going to make it?'

he pushed on the petal a little bit more. "it's not if i can make it, i have to. i have to tell her."

the closer he got the more it seemed like time was flying.

his heart was beating quickly against his chest. he had a tight grip on the stirring wheel as he swerved around cars.

when he finally pulled up to the airport, he parked and quickly got out. but a sound stopped him, it was the sound of the plane. he watch as it took off into the bright blue sky.

"i was too late." he frowned in disappointment. he got back in his car and laid his head in the steering wheel. "i should've left as soon as mista said something!" he slammed his hand on the dash.

he grit his teeth together while gripping the stirring wheel tightly.

"she likes Lino anyway, i shouldn't get so worked up." he told himself.

no matter what he said to himself, that empty feeling was still there. and there was nothing he could do about it.

_______________________
a/n

i've actually already had this chapter written since i started this book.

should i write a smut chapter?