Chapter 24: A Late Night Call

Get another chapter for today, you're welcome <3

Alright, enjoy! :)
——————————————————
It was almost 11 PM, Tsurugi was in his dorm. He was laying on his bed, seeming like he couldn't sleep no matter how hard he tries to. Well, that's actually the case.

He let out a sigh as he reaches out to his phone that's on the night stand and turned it on.

But right at that moment, he gets a call from someone. He checked who it was.

...

"Umi...Sonoda? Huh, how strange, I thought we can't call each other because of being from different worlds." He paused for a moment. The phone was still ringing anyway. "....*Sigh* Well I guess picking up the call wouldn't hurt."

He got up from his bed and walked out of his dorm. The phone stopped ringing without him realizing.

He finally reached a certain place. Some kind of garden, there's a fountain there, that's cool. He checked his phone again, and.....Oh, uh, the phone was ringing again. It was the sane girl calling him, Umi Sonoda. The goddamn lyricist for µ's. After a few seconds, he finally picked up the call.

Tsurugi: "Hello?"

Umi: "Ah! Tsurugi, I was calling you but you didn't answered so I decided to call again."
Umi: "I'm so sorry if I woke you up or something-!"

Tsurugi: "No, no, it's fine. Besides, I wasn't actually asleep yet anyway."

Umi: "Hmm....You couldn't sleep, could you?"

Tsurugi: "Correct. By the way, I'm rather surprised that we can call each other like this."

Umi: "Yeah, and despite being from different worlds too..."

Tsurugi: "So, what do you need to talk to me about?"

Umi: "Ah, about that..."
Umi: "I wanted to talk to you about how you and Yamato have been behaving around us lately."

Tsurugi: "Oh, so it's about that, huh?"

Umi: "Yes. You both have been suspiciousing lately. Obviously all of us are suspicious of you two."
Umi: "We've been having a bad feeling about what you two are hiding from us. I'm wondering why you both won't tell us about it."

Tsurugi: "..." *Sigh* "Look, we're sorry about that, okay?"
Tsurugi: "The thing is we ARE hiding something from you guys, but we're not really ready to tell you guys about it yet."

Umi: "I can understand that. Though, it has been worrying us for the whole day."

Tsurugi: "I see...Well we're both sorry about that."
Tsurugi: "We didn't mean to make anyone worry, to be honest."
Tsurugi: "Right now, we're both trying to find a good and perfect time to tell you all what's going on."

Umi: "Hm, alright."
Umi: "Though, I think I can get a glimpse of what you both are hiding from us."

Tsurugi: "A-ah....what is it to you, exactly?"

Umi: "Hmm, well I'm thinking it has something to do with relationships or something along those lines."
Umi: "If that is the case, then I'm happy for you."

Hearing that made Tsurugi a bit shocked and stunned. She does think that's the case, huh?

...

How could she guess so correctly?

Tsurugi: ".....Hm. That's what you think we're hiding from you?"

Umi: "Well yes. If that is what you both are hiding from us, then why?"
Umi: "Ah-! Wait! Don't answer that. It's because you both aren't ready at all yet, huh-?"

Tsurugi: "......"

Umi: "...."
Umi: "T-Tsurugi-?"
Umi: "W-wait, don't tell me that IS the case.....?!"

Tsurugi: "....." *Sigh* "Well, maybe yes."

......

Pure silence creeps between them. They both really don't know how to respond.

Umi: "....H-HUH?! REALLY?!"

Tsurugi: "Well....y-yes. Now don't be too shocked."

Umi: "Hm, I-I see...." *Chuckle*
Umi: "Well that's great. I guess that means nobody in the 'Nico-Nico-Nii' group chat are single anymore~ Haha...-"

Tsurugi: "Well I guess I realized that too...."

Silence came in again. Tsurugi isn't really liking this part. He then broke the silence.

Tsurugi: "Well then, I'll try to find the right time to tell you all. You don't tell anyone about this, alright?"

Umi: "Understood. I'll keep my mouth shut about this. Let's pretend we never had this call around the others."

Tsurugi: "Alright then. I think it's time to end the call here, I suppose."

Umi: "Ah! Right, we both need sleep anyway. Good night, Tsurugi."

Tsurugi: "Good night, Sonoda."

And then he hung up.

He then decided to walk back to his dorm.

...

Meanwhile, with Umi...

Umi: "....."
Umi: "Hm...How shocking."
Umi: "......."
Umi: *Sad sigh* "I'm just hoping they tell the rest soon. I don't want anything getting out of hand..."

And with that, Umi drifted off to sleep.
——————————————————
Yamarugi, anyone?

Uhhh anyways, have some Tsurugi and Umi interaction because I love 'calm' and serious people <3

It's STILL not the end of the arc.......oof.

Ok bye for now :)