five

chapter five [ the bodies ]

chapter five
[ the bodies ]

melissa sat in castle byers, coloring on an old looking piece of paper while will hummed the lyrics to should i stay or should i go.

it's been hours since they last saw the demogorgon. the scene flashes through melissas mind. poor barb. she remembers the redhead always being at mikes when she and the boys went over to his house.

she was nice and always did her hair and makeup for halloween.

"are you hungry?" will asked, breaking the comfortable silence. melissa shrugged and glanced at the boy who was staring at her, "there's nothing really to eat here, will."

he then pulled out a poptart from the pocket of his vest and held it out to her with a small smile.

melissa looked at will then at the delicious looking poptart then back at will. she smiled and grabbed it from him then broke it in half, "we're sharing it."

will smiled and took a bite into the poptart, melissa doing the same.

"where did you even get this?" she asked, with a laugh.

"i don't know, i guess i just had it."

at least it's something.

even if it's just a poptart.

🤍

when the sun rose again, dustin and lucas went back to mikes house. el was sitting on the couch playing with mikes supercomm again while the boys stood around the table, talking.

"we tell our parents that we have AV club after school. that'll give us at least a few hours for operation mirkwood." mike explained.

"you seriously think that weirdo knows where will and melissa are?" lucas asked, taking a glance at the girl.

"just trust me on this, alright?" mike pleaded.

"alright." lucas sighed.

"you got the supplies?" mike asked.

"yeah," lucas said as he grabbed his bag, "binoculars....from 'nam. army knife.....also from 'nam. hammer, camouflage bandanna, and the wrist rocket." lucas said proudly, with a smile and set the items down on the table in front of them.

"you're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot?" dustin asked sarcastically.

"first of all, it's a wrist rocket. and second of all, the demogorgon is not real. it's made up," lucas argued, "but if there is something out there....im gonna shoot it in the eye....and blind it."