intro

it was another day of school, and another day of seeing the gorgeous corey haim. no i'm not obsessed, i'm just madly in love with his stupid face. every time he walks past me, the butterflies in my stomach like to have a little dance party. my mother had to snap me out of my ridiculous thoughts.

"honey, he isn't a movie star. why do you fantasize about talking to him when you could easily say "hello" to the boy?" "mother you don't understand, he is the most popular boy in school and he is just way too perfect for me. besides, he doesn't even know i exist." my mother had to process what just came out of my mouth for a moment.

"sophie, when i was your age, there was a guy who was just like this "corey boy" of yours. movie star looks, the popularity, he had it all. but one day, i overcame my fear and introduced myself to this boy. would you happen to know this boys name?"

"no! who was it, tell me!" as you could tell, i was always intrigued with my mother's high school stories.

"it was your father, sophie. it may have taken a lot of strength, but look how happy we are now." my father ran in and picked my mother up right off her own two feet. he swung her around in his arms and kissed her softly on the cheek.

my heart completely melted. never have i ever thought my parents lasted this long. this gave me a bright ray of hope. maybe a simple "hello" to corey would change everything. and if you were wondering, i never wanted to be with corey for popularity; i loved corey for his passionate, kind soul.

although he sounds like your typical girl-obsessed boy who wanted nothing but getting to second base with the most beautiful girl who you envied. corey haim was different, at least in my dreams. i'm not saying he hasn't before, but behind his partying image, there was a kind-hearted soul that needed i needed to find.

in all honesty, corey may not perfect. but who said i wanted perfect? he's still the love of my life. as i continued to daydream about corey's stunning features and personality, my mother had to shake me out of thoughts a second time and remind me that the bus was here.