eight

chapter eight [ upside down ]

chapter eight
[ upside down ]

"will!" screamed the crying girl, as she limped through the woods of whatever world she was in. her and will have been separated for who knows how long.

she thankfully got away from the demogorgon and she doesn't even know how she did it. that thing wouldn't let her go. it's nails were digging into her skin as it dragged her away, farther from will.

but now, she's alone. in unrecognizable woods. slowly dying. or that's what it feels like.

she doesn't know.

"will! where are you!" she yelled, sounding so so tired. she couldn't do this any longer. the only thing keeping her alive right now was will and without him she's nothing.

"will..." she sobbed, "anyone! please!"

melissa spotted a house in the distance and began dragging herself toward it. she groaned at the pain.

finally, the house came into clear view and she realized who's house it was.

it was her's.

she smiled slightly and walked up the steps of her front porch. feeling the wood on the door and the way her hand rested around the doorknob, it reminded her of home.

she just wishes that she'd walk through this door and see her dad, passed out on the couch after a long day at work.

but wishes sometimes never come true.

especially her wishes.

🤍

"what was will saying?" mike asked while el laid down on the couch, tired and exhausted, "like home...like home....but dark?"

"and empty," lucas added.

"mel was saying it too, empty and cold," dustin said, "wait did she say cold?"

"i don't know. the stupid radio kept going in and out." lucas groaned.

dustin sighed, "it's like riddle in the dark," he said, leaning his head back.

"like home....like his house?" mike asked.

"or maybe like hawkins?" lucas suggested.

"upside down." eleven said weakly.