4 ' damsel in distress ?

sighing, the air blew your curtain as you watched the birds cooperating with each other from your window. it has been not longer than 20 minutes since ten ran away. after that, you went back inside your house to think about stuff.

you realized that moment.

you never get to go outside your forest circle. why not?

oh.

your grandmother who stayed in the house with you told you not to step a single foot outside the territory. hearing that as a child gave no sense, but ever since your grandmother died, it still made no sense.

why not find out?

after tying your boots, you grabbed your bag, checking the inside if you've prepared the right stuff

after tying your boots, you grabbed your bag, checking the inside if you've prepared the right stuff. you checked your outfit at the mirror, it was not too extra, and it was not too plain either. perfect for adventuring, you thought with a grin.

you stepped outside, leaving a note for ten to see if he ever comes back;

"i am not home, sorry"

.

.

"this is so big.. grandma told me not to walk pass any tree, except the lemon trees inside our territory," you thought to yourself, looking up at these big trees, feeling intimidated and scared.

you decided to just give it a go, what could go wrong?

you stepped pass the big tree.

.

.

.

what?

.

.

.

suddenly, the ground turned black.

.

luckily, your adrenaline rush cooperated with you and gave you enough speed to hold on to the ground inside your territory.

you were speechless. what just happened? you thought, leaving no space to scream for help. who's going to save you anyways? you're the only one here right now.

your eyes were tearing up, unable to scream due to the shock. you were REALLY scared, you shouldn't have underestimated this.

finally gaining your soul back, you realized your hand is still attached to the ground inside your territory. looking from your pov, it looked like the world was split in half. the other half is normal, while the other half is completely dark, no lights, no hint of any soul. it's like you're in a really dark cliff, to the point where you can't see what's below, or what's above.

you tried lifting yourself up, it was the only way to save yourself anyways. you tried making yourself feel light, so it won't be hard to pull yourself up with all this fear.

inviting yourself back at your home again, you threw the bag at the sofa, going upstairs to lay at the bed

so that was the reason, huh? i wonder how ten gets pass through it...

you wanted to rest, but you couldn't just let it go. there must be a way.

how did ten do it? there must be a spell or something...

you roamed through your things, there must be something, something so important that looks too valuable to just display and wear.

"wear....wear.....that's right! the necklace! oh my goodness, how could i not notice?" you jumped in cheer, not wasting your smartness in all of these. opening the drawer, you inserted your hand at the very back of the box, trying to see if you can touch the necklace.

pulling it out, you looked at it, and it was still shining like how it shone the time ten indirectly gave it to you.

not wasting any second, you hurriedly ran downstairs and grabbed your bag, heading outside and onto the big trees that are forbidden to pass through.

you were sure this'd work. you were so sure.

gripping onto the necklace, you closed your eyes.

if this doesn't work then i might have to spend my whole life in this territory all alone! and i don't want that.