Day 2

I was awakened by the noise around me. Everyone seems to be in the good mood to chat around. I can hear Steph running around while giggling. I get up feeling sober.

Last night is like a dream. After the awkward introduction, we've spoken like we known each other for so long now. He's cute and charming. He even walked me home. I never had the chance to ask his name, though.

I wash my face first before going outside my room. My morning face is not the best way to start my face.

"Good morning, Claire," Steph greeted me as soon as I walk outside.

"Morning. Good mood?"

She giggles. "There's a good-looking guy at the kitchen. Grandma seems to know him. He's helping Mom cook. "

"Good-looking, huh?" I smirked.

Looks like my summer will be filled with good looking guys. That would be great. I can complete my summer list earlier that I expected.

Steph pulled me excitedly to the dining area. It is a small area, enough for a table and an eight chairs and it is all made from bamboo.

"Good morning, Claire," Mom greeted me.

I greeted them all good morning and sit on my designated chair.

"What's behind that smile, Annie? Stop that. You're creepy!"

"Smile is the girls' best accessory to attract boys," she said, giggling.

Now, I am so much intrigue to that good looking guy that Steph talks about. Even Annie, who I know for being allergic to boys, seems attracted to him. He must be that good looking that both my sisters like him.

"Since when did you learn how to attract boys, huh?" I tease.

"Just this morning."

"Breakfast delivery," someone said on my back.

I am apparently facing my back on the kitchen. The voice sounds achingly familiar. I am afraid it is from someone I know well. I don't want to face him, especially not in front of my family.

"Thanks, Jack," Grandma said.

"No problem, Grandmother. It is my payment for accepting me here," he said as he takes the seat right in front of me.

I have no fucking idea why he's here. And what does he mean of him being accepted here? Does that mean that he is staying here? With us? With me? Is he out of his mind? My family doesn't know about us, for crying out loud! Only Grandma knows just because he introduces himself alone. Does he introduce himself to my family already? But they didn't seem to know. Annie and Steph like him. They will not if they know that he is my ex.

"Good morning, Sheen," he greeted me.

I roll my eyes and sigh. I have no intention to greet him back. And why the hell did he call me by that name?! It will be obvious that we know each other and I don't want my family to think that.

"Sheen?" Annie asks. She looks at me then Jack and back at me.

I glare at him. He should be the one to answer that question not me but he appears to be expectant on my answer as well.

I sighed. "He used to call me Sheen at school."

"You're schoolmates?" Steph interrupt.

"Unfortunately."

"Claire!" Grandma scolded.

Everyone falls quite. Grandma strictly recommends manner during meal time. I look at Jack intently. This is his entire fault. If he didn't come here, we should be having a nice breakfast now. We should be planning our day today.