123 ; he has padfoot

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

"HARRY, ARE YOU SURE?"

yourush up the stairs with harry, ron, and hermione, not giving two shits about umbridge's rules.

harry had been talking about something with sirius, and a door.

"i saw it. it's just like with mr. weasley. it's the same door i've been dreaming about for months and i couldn't remember where i'd seen it before. sirius said voldemort was after something. something he didn't have the last time, and it's in the department of mysteries"

your eyes go wide, thinking back to that same door you had seen lucius just earlier that year, the same day of the hearing.

"harry, please, just listen" hermione says, you all stop as the stairs rotate.

"what if voldemort meant for you to see this? if he's only hurting sirius because he's tryin to get t you?"

"what if he is? i'm supposed to just let him die? hermione, he's the only family that i've got left"

"what do we do?" ron asks after a bit of silence.

"we'll have to use the floo network" harry says rushing up the stairs, you all follow after.

"umbridge has the chimney's under surveillance" you point out.

"not all of them"

you both exchange a look, rushing up to umbridge's office.

"alohomora" you chant quietly, the key slips out and you open the door.

ron closes it behind you all.

harry lights the fire, "alert the order if you can"

"are you mental? we're going with you" ron says.

"it's too dangerous"

you crouch down, "oh, shut your trap harry! when are you gonna get it into your thick skull? we're in this together"

"that you are" umbridge says furiously, her hair resembling a birds nest.

you click your tongue as a few slytherins come in, pushing you all back and bringing in some of the others from dumbledore's army. harry was tied to a chair in front of umbridge,

kinky- sorry, not the time, huh?

draco drags neville in, "caught this one trying to help the weasley girl"

the cats in umbridge's plates meow.

umbridge leans down, "you were going to dumbledore, weren't you?"

right, just say the first thing that comes to mind

"no" harry says, gaining a slap across the face, you tense.

"liar"

"you sent for me, headmistress?" snape says unpleasantly.

"snape, yes" she stands up, "the time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. have you brought the veritasium?" she smiles thinly.

"i'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. the last of it on miss chang."

you all exchange looks.

"unless you wish to poison him, and i assure you, i would have the greatest sympathy if you did. ... i cannot help you"

he turns around to exit, "he's got padfoot" harry says, snape pauses at the door.

"he's got padfoot at the place where it's hidden"

umbridge looked confused, "padfoot? what is padfoot? where what is hidden? what is he talking about, snape?"

snape turns back around, "no idea"

you hold back a snort.

"very well. you give me no choice, potter. as this is an issue of ministry security... you leave me with.. no alternative. the cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue"

you raise an eyebrow in bewilderment.

"that's illegal" hermione says.

"what cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him" she faces the picture of fudge on her desk downwards.

she points her wand at him, the cats in the plates screech.

"tell her, harry!" hermione cries.

"tell me what?" umbridge questions.

"well, if you won't tell her where it is.. i will"

you both share a knowing glance.

"where what is?"

hermione gulps, "dumbledore's secret weapon"

umbridge looked taken aback.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

words ; 600

date posted ; 2/05/22

©_behindyou_