02. Annoying teacher

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Ivy is wearing a short blue dress with a leather jacket. She's admiring herself in the mirror as I walk into the living room. The table is filled with food. My mom is sitting behind it with her iPad, watching her kdrama. Our housekeeper, Ms Kwon, walks up to me and grabs my bag out of my hand. 

Ivy notices it and twists her head my way, studying me.

"First day of school already?"

"Mom is forcing me"

"I'm not forcing, I'm just looking out for my kids their future"

Mom continues drinking her tea.

"Then why did you move me here?" Ivy whines. "I'm supposed to be studying with my friends right now!"

"Because I said so. And we already decided that you're taking a gab year, they don't mind"

I continue eating my breakfast while Ivy and mom start to fight. Then, the sound of the door bell fills the house.

"It's probably for me"

"You? Who is it?"

Ivy pushes me away and runs towards the door. I let out a sigh and grab my bag off the floor.

"Dami, wait a second" My mom gets up and walks over to me. "Do you know who lives in the penthouse"

"Seokkyeong and her family, why?"

"Be careful with them. Don't try to get on their bad side"

"Mom, don't worry" I smile. "Seokkyeong is nice"

"It's not about her. It's her dad"

"Mr Joo Dantae? Why?"

"Have you met him?"

"Yesterday. He just introduced himself"

"Did he say something else?"

"He asked if we met already, nothing more"

"Okay..okay"

My mom's facial expression changes. I look at her with squinting eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing just go to school and focus in your classes. I'll see you tonight"

Mom pats me on my shoulder and tucks my hair behind my ear. Walking towards the door, I quickly notice that Ivy has put on her flirting accent. I bet it's Seokhoon. It's sad to see my sister fall for a guy who she just met, she can do better.

"Finally"

Seokhoon looks at me. I smile awkwardly and make my way out of the door, avoiding Ivy her glare. The boy quickly follows me as we rush towards the elevator.

"What about Seokkyeong?"

"She's in the car already"

Waiting for the elevator to arrive, I walk over to the window. I look down to the low ground below us. We live on almost the highest floor, 94. Glad I'm not afraid of hights unlike my brother and dad.

"It's pretty here isn't it"

I look besides me. Seokhoon places his hand on the window, looking outside.

"I never come to this side. It's nicer here"

"You live in a penthouse, things couldn't get nicer for you"

The ding of the elevator makes me frighten a bit. Seokhoon chuckles a little and walks into the elevator, me following. I place my bag on the floor and tie my hair up. The mirror is huge and makes me get lost in my thoughts.