27. Why did you comeback

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Everyone is getting ready. It's the day of the festival. We have one hour left before we have to go up. I'm still in my regular clothes because I'm way too nervous to put the dress on. Because when I have it on, I will realise that this is it. This is the moment everyone has been stressing about.

"Where's your dress?"

Rona walks over to me and looks at my uniform.

"I was about to put it on. Can you help me?"

The two of us walked to the back of the dressing room. I look for my name tag my mom put on the coverage of the dress. 

"Here it is" Rona says, handing me a black sack. 

I grab it and zip the zipper down all the way. But then I noticed something.

"This..this isn't my dress" I take it out and look at the pink dress I was eyeing before in the shop. "This is.."

"Yes, It's your dress"

I turn my head and see Lucas standing there. I jump up and run over to him.

"What are you doing here? Normal people can't come here"

"I wanted to see the look on your face when you saw the dress"

"How'd you get it? I didn't see you buying it that day.."

"I went back later and got it. You like it?"

"I love it" I hug him. "Thank you"

"Park Lucas? What are you doing here?" Mr Ma walks over to us. When he laid his eyes on me, he gasped. "And why aren't you dressed yet? We still have 50 minutes left. Hurry up!"

I chuckle and look at my brother who mouthed me "good luck" before he had to leave the dressing room. 

Rona helped me into my dress. The zipper in the back was impossible to reach on my own. I look at myself in the bright mirror and twist a little to see the dress as a whole.

"Sit down. I'll do your hair"

Rona seats me down and grabs my hair supplies. I hand her my butterfly clip that she gently slid into my hair. She braided half of my hair to the back and let the rest hang loose behind my shoulders. 

"Thank you" I smile nervously. "I'm not sure if I will even sing right. I can barely speak"

"This is just the nerves talking. When you're standing on stage the feeling will disappear"

I look at us in the mirror, admiring the view. Rona's hair always looks so pretty but it looks even prettier today. I wish my hair could just lay still like that. 

"Bae Rona!" Mr Ma walked into the room. "You're up first"

The girl her eyes widened. She looks at me and takes a few deep breathes. I grab her hand and get up.

"Even though we're in a competition. I really hope you do well"

"Thank you. I will"

She walks after Mr Ma up to the stage area. I let out a sigh and sit back down on the chair, looking at myself in the mirror again. My make up looks flawless but it's my face that ruins it. I can see some old acne scars on my chest that look even more hideous in this lightening. I tried to cover them up, but there is no use. 

"You've been looking at yourself for a while" Seokhoon walks over to me. "Aren't you curious about how Rona is doing?"

I shake my head. "Hearing my competition freaks me out"