16. Forever on your side

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I'm admiring myself in the mirror. I've been feeling really sick since yesterday and even didn't get to meet Rona. I squeeze my curly hair and then put two clips in it. 

After last nights call, my mind hasn't been able to get a rest. It's hard to think about it, but I can't talk about it either. It'll only complicate things. 

"Ms Dami?" Ms Kwon enters my room. "I prepared you some breakfast. Eat it on your way to school"

"Thank you, Ms Kwon. I'll be out in a second"

I take a deep breathe and do my exercise in the mirror.

You're beautiful. You're smart. You're pretty.

I grab the little yoghurt bowl Ms Kwon made and put it into my bag before walking out of the house. I press the button to the last floor. While walking to my car, I bump into Eunbyeol. She looks a bit frightened.

"Hey" I say. "Are you heading to school too?"

"Yes" she twists her arm with mine. "Do you want to drive with me?"

"Sure. I'll tell my driver he can take the day off"

We hopped to her car with smiles on our faces.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I open the door of the classroom as me and Eunbyeol walk inside. She hands me the snacks we just bought before class. We start to eat them while sitting on our tables. She shows me her new phone as she still hasn't found her old one. Obviously. I never gave it back to her. 

Suddenly, I hear gasping fill the room. My back is faced towards the door. Looking at Eunbyeols sudden pale expression, I decided to turn around. Seokhoon and Rona walk into the room. Whispers start to fill the room.

"What are you doing here?" someone asks. "Are you back?"

"No way, she didn't even take the exam yesterday"

After those words, Rona clenches her arm around Seokhoons. My eyes widen. I look at Seokkyeong from across the room. She looks at me with the same confused expression. 

"I'm going out with Rona" Seokhoon says seriously. "So you'd better watch what you say"

Eunbyeol looks distracted while the other classmates are just confused. 

"Dami, you're close to Rona. Did you know she was coming back?" Jeni whispers to me.

"No..I didn't" I say.

Maybe that was what she wanted to talk to me about yesterday. But she could've texted me or called me. 

Seokkyeong gets up and walks over to her brother.

"Are you being serious?" she says angry. "Can't you see that she's just using you?"

"You got it wrong. I really like Rona"

"Joo Seokhoon!"

"Joo Seokkyeong" the teacher walks into the room, glaring at the student. "Take your seat"

The girl turns her head to the teacher before looking back at her brother. She shakes her head and walks out of the classroom. I jump up and hurry after her.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"How could he? Date her. Bae Rona? Out of all people?"

Seokkyeong sips her strawberry smoothie in anger while I watch her from across the table. We went to a cafe nearby as neither of us were feeling like making the test today. Bad news, we just got a text saying that it was canceled too. Sad.