eleven

chapter eleven[ hugs and lots and lots of crying ]

chapter eleven
[ hugs and lots and lots of crying ]

melissa finally made it out of the woods of hawkins, indiana. the real hawkins. not the place she's been trapped in.

she wondered if the voice was really will or just her imagination. she hopes it wasn't him, hopefully he's somewhere else and okay.

the loss of blood was really making the girl tired and she doesn't know how much longer she can continue until she gives up completely.

melissa came across a neighborhood. all the cars were parked in the driveway and families in the houses were either eating dinner or getting ready for bed.

she then recognized a house. it was mikes. melissa hid behind a car as she watched people walk in and out of the house, holding boxes.

that doesn't look good.

melissa thought about where her dad and friends could be and she knew the only place they would all be at; wills.

🤍

a few minutes later, hopper pulled up to the byers home, parking the car as joyce, jonathan and nancy all ran out.

"mike? oh my god mike." nancy ran to her brother, embracing him in a hug then pulled away, "i was so worried about you!"

"yeah, uh....me too?" mike mumbled.

nancy looked behind him and to eleven, "is that my dress?"

everyone stayed silent but then they all went into the house so mike could show hopper, nancy, jonathan and joyce what mr. clarke had showed him and the boys.

they all sat down at the couch as he drew a line, a stick figure, and a flea, "okay so in this example, we're the acrobat," mike explained, "will, mel, barbara, and that monster, they're the flea. and this is the upside down, where mel and will are hiding. and mr. clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip in time and space."

"a gate." dustin smiled.

"that we tracked to hawkins lab," lucas said, joining in.

"with our compasses." dustin added, but no one answered and they all awkwardly looked around the room, "okay, so the gate had a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of a compass needle."

"is this gate underground?" hopper questioned.

"yes." el replied, all eyes landing on her.