twelve

chapter twelve [ reunited ]

chapter twelve
[ reunited ]

the kids sat in the gym, staring off into space, praying that will was alright and would be found soon. melissas leg bounced up and down as she stared at those double doors, waiting for her father to walk through them.

"you okay, mel?" mike asked the girl, worriedness laced in his voice as he looked at melissa.

"yeah." she answered with a nod, "just thinking."

"well, you two haven't really met each other." mike said, looking at both el and melissa, "so mel, this is el and el, this is mel."

melissa smiled at the girl who's head was resting on mikes shoulder.

"hi," was all eleven said, sounding exhausted.

"hey el, nice meeting you. thanks for saving my life." she thanked the girl who only nodded and mumbled a quiet, "you're....welcome."

"it's nice to finally have a girl in the group." melissa said, causing all three boys to groan in annoyance, "i've been alone since forever."

el smiled a little at melissa. she felt sudden comfort talking to the girl, just like how she felt with the three boys.

someone like melissa is a person she can trust.
she can trust melissa and that made her happy.

🤍

a few minutes later, mike stood up abruptly and left the gym. the others all stared at each other confused then he came back in, "they're gone."

"what?" lucas asked.

"nancy and jonathan. his cars gone." mike told them.

"they're probably just sucking face somewhere." dustin suggested, causing lucas to scrunch his face in disgust.

"gross." lucas groaned.

"cute." melissa added earning odd glares, "what?"

"no. no way!" mike said defensively.

"did they go with the chief?" dustin asked.

"i don't know!" mike responded.

"well we need to figure out where they went! they could be in danger, mike!" melissa panicked.

"i know i know mel!" mike yelled.