Chapter One (Edited)

Game on, Player

Chapter One

All Rights reserved (KikiLovesChu)

Adrienne’s POV

I woke up, early that morning to the sounds of my phone, blasting through my ear drums.  I groaned, retrieving my phone from my night stand.

“Hello, whoever is calling me at 11:30 in the morning..on a Saturday?” I answered, rubbing my eyelids.

“Good morning grouchy, Adri..it’s me, Kevin.” He said from the other line.

“What do you want? Wait a second, did you call me to babysit again?”

Kevin tends to go hanging out with his girlfriend with Melissa, while I somehow get stuck with his little sister.

“Yeah, will you do it for me? I’ll pick you up and everything.”

“I guess so..as long as your brother isn’t there, it shouldn’t be a problem.” I mumbled.

“Thanks, Adri. I owe you one!”

“Goodbye, Kev.” I said, before hanging up the call, and slumping my head down onto my pillow.

Before I knew it, time had gone by faster than I had anticipated.  I stripped the sheet from over my legs, and rushed to my bathroom to prep myself for babysitting. I showered, got dressed, and brushed my hair, untangling any knots from the day before.

As I brushed my hair, I was alarmed by the sound of Kevin honking his car horn, to no end, mostly likely annoying the neighbors and I’ll probably get blamed for it.

“I’m coming, hold your horses!” I screamed, over his consistent honking.

I grabbed my purse, slung it around my shoulders, and rushed down the steps, only to see some of the maids. I told Nola that I would be back home around two in the morning, (heaven knows what Kevin and Melissa do for so long) so to inform my parents if they arrived home any sooner.

Pushing the front door open, I looked at Kevin in his Lamborghini. He was such a show off, especially when it came to his cars. I swung the door to his car open, and went inside, slamming the door behind me.

“What the hell took you so long? I have a tight schedule here!” Kevin sneered.

“Just shut up and take me to the house already. The sooner I get there, the sooner I get to go home,” I replied. “Is Brandon there?”

He sat there, not answering my question, just continuing driving. Something told me I wasn’t going to like his answer. I grabbed at some of his cheek meat, and twisted it.

“The fuck! I know you have a thing for my cheeks, but damn, don’t get them all red.”

“Answer my question, Kevin.”

“Okay, fine. He is there,” I groaned. “But he’s in a hangover. Went to a massive party last night, drank too much, and now he’s regretting it. He’s got a killer headache.”

“Serves him right!” I grumbled, folding my arms.

The rest of the ride was silent, except for Kevin’s sport station playing in the background. Their house was about fifteen, twenty minutes from mine, and I wasn’t the most patient of people. I shifted in my seat, but no matter what I did, my ass still stayed numb from sitting in his stupid leather seats in silence for so long.

When we got there, Kevin practically threw me out of the car, and drove off into the distance. Preparing myself for the worst, I walked to the porch of the large mansion that stood in front of me. I pushed the doorbell politely, but nobody answered. After pushing it a few more times, I was starting to get annoyed. I banged on the door frantically, until Brandon opened the door, looking pretty hammered.