Training to be a Badass

For Omega's first try at mist traveling through space, he thought he did pretty well. He studied the planet on the map and focused on the spot above the water terrain so he could just fall in the water. He didn't want to try and mist travel near the surface in case he found himself tumbling down a mountain or landing in a burning field of lava. He would prefer neither of those.

When he opened his eyes after mist traveling, he found himself about 300 feet above the ocean, quickly descending to the vast waters. As he was falling, he looked around to see if anything stood out. Omega could tell it was around mid-morning which gave him plenty of light to see two small blotches of land along the horizon, one north and the other southeast judging by the suns' position. The ocean below him was between a dark and light blue color with the suns shining on it adding a shimmering quality to it. He flipped around in the air to look at the sky and deep space. He assumed the atmosphere on this planet was different because the sky was black instead of blue with bright stars spaced out across the pitch black sky even though it was day. There was a dark yellow sun right next to a light yellow one heating up the planet just right, both standing out from the dark sky.

He flipped back around to see he was only 50 feet above the water and two seconds later, he got into a swimmer's dive position before breaking the surface. His momentum took him about 30 feet under the water until he pulled up, stopping his descent into the dark depths. Omega looked around to see if he could find any marine life but wasn't too surprised that there wasn't any. This far out in the ocean would hold life that prefers colder, deeper waters than the warmer surface water. He then stretched out his senses to see if he could at least feel if there was any marine life and was relieved to feel some type of moving organism about 3 miles down. He would have to explore the dark depths later.

He swam back up to the surface and froze an ice surface for him to stand on and look for one of the islands he saw. After climbing up and seeing one, he mist traveled over to it. He landed on the white, sandy beaches of the island. There were a few trees that resembled palm trees but had the leaves branching out all along the trunk instead of just at the top. They also had an orange fruit that didn't look half bad. But he knew not to eat mysterious foods from another planet. There was no telling what it could do!

After exploring the island, he didn't find anything noteworthy other than a few crustaceans at the water's edge. He laughed when he saw some of the crabs because they looked exactly like Sebastian from The Little Mermaid, one of his top 3 movies. He looked back towards the horizon but didn't see any other land mass. Omega frowned hoping he didn't land in the middle of the ocean territory because it would take forever to get to one of the other terrains. He just shook his head and starting mist traveling in one direction. He would pass a few islands every once in a while and would use them as a pit stop. Omega had never had to do so much mist traveling before so it wore him out. The most pressing reason as to why he would stop was because his body felt like it was getting lighter. He assumed that turning his body into mist, back into a body, and mist again right after solidifying left his body a little confused on whether it should be solid or gaseous. Luckily, it was morning judging back the position of the suns so he had plenty of time to rest.

It was afternoon when he finally saw a large stretch of land along the horizon. It wasn't mountainous so it could either be the grasslands or the lava field. He guessed the grasslands since there wasn't any orange glow radiating off the land. He mist traveled onto the land and it turned out to be the grasslands. Even though he read that there were vast areas of grasslands, he was still surprised that it was just as vast as the ocean. He looked around and couldn't see any trees on the horizon but he could see moving shapes a couple of miles inland.

Since he came here to train, he decided that he shouldn't be lazy and mist travel everywhere so he jogged over to the blotches to see what they were. 30 minutes later, he finally got close enough to see what animals were grazing on the land. Omega would have to say that the closest thing they resembled were bulls with a cow's body. The head had 4 horns sticking out at all angles and its face was stocky just like a bulls. It had a strong neck leading down to a cow's body. There was even an udder under its body just located more towards the front than back in between its hind legs. Its whip like tail had 5 inch hairs on the end but Omega could tell that it wasn't hair when it glinted in the sunlight. They were spikes! Omega just shook his head and walked towards it to see if it would get aggressive. Omega had faced worse than a cow with a spiked tail.