Chapter 13

My sister sat across from Andrew and me, animatedly speaking about her week in school, occasionally asking Andrew for advice. Not me, I was hurt as a brother that she rather pay attention to my boyfriend than me. But I think she's just excited for me, even if we're not even official, Andrew is the first person who treats me like this. He's also the first to even kidnap me but I think that's not important anymore. Andrew was talking to my sister like she was his sibling and it was the cutest thing to look at. We were in that Italian restaurant, our order arrived a few minutes ago and I was happily digging in while the two of them talked. I was just about to swallow a mouthful of pasta.

"So, when is the wedding?" Shay asked, making me choke on the pasta in my throat. Andrew handed me a glass of water and rubbed my back soothingly. Shay looked at me concerned but I just waved it off because it is just nothing.

"I'm fine, just caught me off guard is all," I said gulping down the whole glass of water, Shay waved down a waiter and asked for refills. The waiter also gave me a weirded out expression as he refilled each of our glasses. I calmed down a few minutes after more coughing and water. "I'm sorry I was just- Marriage- Shay? really? I-we-" I can't believe that my sister is already thinking about something like that, I wasn't even that far yet.

Andrew held my hand on top of the table, effectively shutting me up as all the heat in my body rose to my cheeks. "I think, it's too early to think about that," Andrew said in his usual cool and composed stature. It made me envious of how calm he usually is, always in a position where he can morph the situation into what he likes it to be. He's got everything, everyone, and every situation in his hands, and nobody would even notice till he get's away with it.

"Fine, but if it ever came to that, I want to be the best woman or something," Shay said earning a chuckle from Andrew.

"You can be your brother's bridesmaid," Andrew said fully snickering now. A couple who was a table overheard our conversation and looked over at us with a smile. I didn't know if they found us cute or amusing but I was definitely embarrassed to the core. I smacked Andrew's arm, which felt like stone against my hand and probably didn't affect him at all.

Our lunch was filled with friendly banter and Andrew's occasional thievery of kisses, which threw Shay into a squealing fit almost every single time.

"Should we shop for wedding gowns?" Shay asked walking in step with Andrew as I followed behind them, embarrassed that they were talking about having me in a gown, ME. "I think he'll look good in like a mermaid, or no?" Shay was animatedly talking to Andrew, and the man would give her answers that just humor her even further, it was a 2v1 situation and-

"Jacob!!!" A girl ran up towards us. She was wearing a body tight, knee-length dress with a furry leotard jacket, came full speed towards us.

"Oh, dear. Andrew, hurry state your claim, b!tch alert at 10 o'clock," I heard Shay whisper, and in an instant, Andrew had his arm on my wait protectively pulling me closer towards him. It didn't faze the girl as she awkwardly ran towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I didn't know her. How did she know me? I don't have a clue.

"You know her?" Andrew whispered towards me when the random woman was suddenly hugging my sister too.

"Not a clue."

"Does she need to be killed?"

"Not yet, I think."

Andrew pulled back looking at me, scanning as if he can't believe it was actually me. "You're growing too desensitized to what I say," I all he said as the woman turned to face us again. She had a huge and creepy smile on her face, and even if Andrew glared at here, she did not falter even one bit.