Opening Pitch

AUTHORS NOTE: This fanfic is somewhat based on my own experiences. Most of the characters are based on my friends, but not all of them are accurately portrayed. Please don't assume these people are like their characters. Tell me if you like it. :) These chapters are going to be short, but there will be many chapters!

Some of this might be inaccurate, but it's all to add to the element of the story :) I hope you enjoy my Pentatonix Fan Fiction!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MICHAELA POV

Chapter 1:

"Come in!" I yelled as I heard the doorbell ring. I continued setting up the snacks on the table, super excited for this premiere party. My choir director waltzed in the room and brought her food to the table.

"How are you, Michaela?" she asked me.

"Ecstatic. I've been waiting for this show to come back for a year now," I told her as I poured the tortilla chips into a bowl. The doorbell rang numerous times and people from my choir showed up one by one.

I invited my choir to my house to watch the season premiere of The Sing Off, a reality show in which a cappella groups compete for a recording contract. This past summer, my school choir went to Branson and opened for an a cappella group called The Cats' Pajamas. They made it onto The Sing Off, so we decided to throw a party and watch them when it premiered. Our choir consisted of about 15 people and so we made friends and got to hang out with the five guys in the Cats. Everyone eventually got to my house and we ate and laughed. A lot. Once seven o clock hit, I grabbed the remote and turned the tv to NBC, shaking and so excited to see the Cats on TV.

"GO CATS!!!" one of the boys screamed as the Sing Off theme played. We all laughed and talked about the amazing time we had spent with them. I became really close with Chris and Nate and I still talked to them. I felt confident that they would go far in the competition. Maybe not win, but go far. I heard the sweet tones of the opening number that would introduce all the groups before each individual performance. I geeked out with each groups rendition of the part of the song they were given.

I had been a huge a cappella fan for years now. My worship minister at church was one of the original members of the gospel group Acappella, so he really got me interested in collegiate groups and some professional groups. Once The Sing Off aired, I became the ultimate a cappella nerd and everyone knew it. The show was now in its third season and I was more obsessed than ever.

We all clapped after the group song, regardless of the fact that the people in the TV couldn't hear us. We sat through numerous performances when Nick Lachey, the host, announced that two groups would be leaving tonight. That put a new twist on things. Next up was the Cats. We all felt a sense of pride as we heard them sing "Some Kind of Wonderful" which they sang at the show we opened for. We all sang along and patiently awaited the judge's thoughts. The judges praised them for their technicality and voices, but thought they weren't original or artist-y enough. We all booed them and sat grumpily waiting for the next performance.

The next group was a group made up of five people who had only gotten together the day before the audition. Three of them grew up together in Arlington, TX, two and a half hours away from where I lived. They found their bass through a mutual friend and their beatboxer from YouTube. Their name was Pentatonix. Hm, they sounded kind of interesting. They took the stage and started to sing a cover of ET by Katy Perry. This was incredible. They did a cappella in a way I had never heard before. They were futuristic. And their beatboxer was INCREDIBLE! The soloist was a tall blonde boy. His voice was flawless and he had a bunch of soul for a lanky white boy. There was an excellent tenor who had the voice of an angel and also a girl who was absolutely gorgeous and she could sing like no other. But I could not take my eyes off of the fifth member. He had long brown hair swept to the left and gorgeous green eyes. He had a flawless beard and he had a darker vibe than the rest of the group. He was mysterious. He was the bass, and boy is that an understatement. He sang notes I didn't know existed. There was something about him that captured me. I never wanted that performance to end.

Everyone was in shock after the performance. The judges were wild and the crowd was crazy. The cameras returned to Pentatonix. They were all smiling and you could see on their faces that they felt proud. The judges praised Scott, the tall boy, for his solo and Kirstie, the girl for holding her own against the four boys. They, of course, praised Kevin for his innovative vocal percussion. He was truly incredible. And Mitch, the tenor, for his angelic voice. Angelic is not even exaggerating. I'm pretty sure that's what heaven sounds like. Finally, they complimented the bass for how amazing him and Kevin gelled together. They were right, it was perfect.

"Great job, Avi," said Ben Folds to the guy my eyes would not stray from. Avi. That's a really nice name. My director saw me from across the room. She knew I was obsessed with them. They were truly incredible. Nick Lachey popped up on the screen and told us results would be revealed after the commercial break. The commercials seemed to drag on forever, but finally the show returned. I saw all the groups on stage, including The Cats Pajamas and Pentatonix. Groups one by one were called safe until there were three left on stage: Pentatonix, Kinfolk 9, and The Cats Pajamas. Pentatonix was safe. I let out a silent sigh of relief. I didn't want everyone else to know I wasn't exactly rooting for the Cats at that point. Sadly, the Cats were kicked off. We were all disappointed, but we knew they would be okay because they have a great home in Branson.

About an hour later, everyone was gone from my house. I opened my computer and decided to friend the members of Pentatonix on Facebook and follow them on Twitter because that's what fangirls do. They seemed like really humble and funny people. I knew I was gonna like them. I found Avi, and man, he was more beautiful than I had seen on the TV. I looked through his photos just so I could see his gorgeous eyes and dashing smile. An hour later, I shut off my computer and headed to sleep to hopefully dream about the mysterious brown haired bass.