Chapter 6

Alice jumped around my room when I said about our kiss. She said she was confused when she saw Austin smile so cheekily and blush when he left. I smiled at the thought. She said she will do the complaint and I answered Mr. Jerry's phone saying I will be at class from next week.

Austin began to come often and mom loved him. She said she always wanted a son like him. Alice read me the complaint that she wrote. It didn't say my name nor hers.

On the very next day, there came a call from the hospital asking me to get ready for the surgery. It was class time. So I can't inform Alice. We only have to pay for the surgery. The donor's family offered it for free without any compensation. I was nervous about the surgery but now my wish is coming true. My birthday is around the week…

I opened my eyes slowly. Wow… this world is so bright. I saw two people looking at me with curious eyes. It was my mom and dad. I smiled. I knew they were waiting to see if I could see or not.

" Mom, you are really pretty."

"Thank God!"

My mom burst into happy tears and my dad held on to her. He was smiling at me too. And I happily returned the smile. Someone opened the door of my hospital room rather aggressively and I instantly knew it was the same person who opened the door of that classroom. He was staring at me. I smiled at him.

"I knew you were not that handsome as much as you talk about."

He smiled and looked at my parents. They smiled at him. He held out his hands.

"Let me show you what you have been missing in your entire life."

I took his hands and he led me out of the room. Once again. He began to introduce me to the world around me. He was holding me close to him, his hand on my shoulder, protecting me. I smiled at the people I saw around. I saw the colours around me. I saw nature. I saw everything I always wished for. With the person I wish for…