Chapter 1

Castiel was transfixed on the paper sitting on his desk, the constant scratch of his pen the only thing stopping the silence as he filled the next line with neat handwriting. English was his best subject, always breezed right through essays as if they had been prewritten in his head the night before.

He was so distracted that he had hardly noticed the door fly open, heavy steps echoing through the classroom. It wasn't until he heard that voice, that gravelly and deep voice.

His blue eyes gazed up from the unfinished essay, now fixed on a boy he'd never seen before, taking a small packet from the teacher.

The boy had dark sandy hair, a toned upper body easily apparent through his T-shirt, and light freckles that scattered across his nose.

He was cute.

No, scratch that.

He was hot.

Castiels attention turned to Mr.MacLeod, who now seemed to be gesturing in his general direction. His eyes moved back towards who he assumed must be a new student, watching as he made his way towards Castiel.

He slipped into the empty desk beside him, of course that's what Mr.MacLeod was pointing to. Castiel watched him as he tossed a worn leather jacket over the back of his chair before focusing on the packet he had been given.

Castiel squinted as he watched the boy run his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. It wasn't often that they got new students switching schools half way through the semester, not to mention the fact that it was their senior year.

The kid glanced towards Castiel sitting in the desk next to him, the silent 'you're creeping me out' apparent on his face.

"What the hell's up your ass?" His voice was quiet but there was annoyance laced in his tone, last thing he wanted was this kid to give him the stink eye all period.

Castiel blinked, processing the new students words before he spoke slowly. "I don't have anything up my ass, why would you think there was?"

"Well people don't usually glare at me unless I've screwed 'em over, and last time I checked I haven't done-"

"Dean," Mr.MacLeods sandy voice cut him off, "Last time I checked I didn't give you permission to just chat away to your little hearts content. Now shut your trap and get to work."

Dean pursed his lips, debating whether or not he should tell this dickwad of a teacher to shut his own trap. He clenched his jaw, deciding that it wouldn't be such a good idea to come home late because of a detention on the first day.

They worked in silence for the next few minutes, Castiel throwing constant glances at Dean. Not that he could really blame himself, it was hard not to look at the guy.

"I wasn't glaring at you," Castiel finally whispered, his voice was just barely audible to Dean.

"Then what the hell were you doing?" Dean didn't turn his head, but his eyes glanced to the side only to find the kid staring again.

"I was observing you."

"Observing? I think you mean staring dude," Dean cocked a brow, finally turning his head towards him. He was definitely weird, who the hell observes someone?

Castiel shrugged, "Observing, watching, staring, whatever you want to call it I know I wasn't glaring."

Dean rolled his eyes, "Yeah well it's creepy." He was talking more to himself than Castiel as he turned back to the untouched work sitting on his desk.