7

P.O.V. Bose

Things are bad again between Mika and me after her two weeks off, by doctor's order

Things are bad again between Mika and me after her two weeks off, by doctor's order. I don't know how every time Piper leaves, someone comes in, touches my forehead and my mind goes blank, I come home and my wife is crying in our bed or in the bathroom and the worst thing is that I can't explain.

Can I come in, buddy? - Chapa knocked on the door of my office.

Go ahead- I allowed quickly drying my tears with a handkerchief which I threw in the trash-.

Why do you pretend that you weren't crying when I see that your eyes are red? - questioned Chapa, leaving her bag on the chair so she could hug me-.

Because I don't want to worry anyone anymore- my voice broke again-.

I don't care if someone walks in and sees me hugging her. Chapa is like my older sister and in a very short time my sister-in-law

We all care about you, dummy, but who cares about you the most is Mika- Chapa broke away from the hug, grabbed the chair to sit next to me- You can have the mind of a child most of the time, but I know perfectly that you are aware of the damage you are doing to your own wife... You are going to lose her at this rate, my friend- she hugged me again when she said those words-.

I don't want to lose her...I don't want to- I sobbed feeling defenseless as a baby- It took me a lot to get to where I am now. There were many smart guys like her and she chose me...Mika doesn't deserve what I do with her- I lamented for both of them-.

Look, as much as you're like my little bro, Mika is my best friend and my sister-in-law, and you're right, my girl doesn't deserve that- Chapa agreed with me, making me feel worse-.

I want a drink so much right now

Miles wants to hit me, right? He warned me when I got engaged to his sister and later at the wedding - those threats came back to me.

Yeah, he is very upset with you- Chapa affirmed patting me on the back- You are hurting his sis and you know how much he hates to see her sad. If it's not for Henry going to the house, Miles would have already broken your face for hurting his sister- she added, still patting me.

Thanks to Kris for giving birth to Henry

O'Brian, I need you to sign these papers because they're for...what happened, Bosey?- Piper closed the door quickly behind her and came over to hug me.

Marital problems, Pipes- Chapa answered for me-.

Piper, you are a very good friend but I would prefer that because of your pregnancy, you don't get involved in this- I asked stroking her still small belly-.

Remember what Charlotte said, you can't put too much stress on babies- Chapa mentioned to help me-.

Here in the office I still get stressed but I'm fine, although I'm going to make an exception just for you- Piper accepted and left the documents on my desk- Haven't you thought about putting security cameras? Because I haven't wanted to leave here without you for a long time now- she suggested sitting on our friend's lap-.