Chapter 3

"How come I'm not seeing him at school?" I asked Nick, curious. He shake his head at me.

"He don't do school, Heather. He has no such time to study with all these distractions around, though he always self study, according to some people" Nick explained. I nodded. I looked over at Nathan just to see him looking straight at me. I cocked my head to the side then averted my attention to Nick who made his way back to where he sat before. "Look at the people here, they're gone all catch-the-attention-of-the-alpha now"

I scanned the area and everybody seemed to be praising him like he's a saint. Seriously, people! I looked back at Nick who is trying hard to contain his laugh. I, in turn, laugh at his face. "Bastard just laugh if you want! You look like someone deprived to even take a peaceful dump!"

He flushed a deep red. This guy! He's unpredictable! Then I can feel the stares I got. Nosy people. Mind your own fucking business, will you!? I want to punch each and every one of them. Hell yeah, I would. Then Nick is the one laughing at me now probably because of the annoyed look I have.

"Well you, lovely lady, should calm down," he said. I crossed my arms over my chest and stepping on to his foot with my heels. "Holy shit, Heather! What was that for?!"

"I do what I want, mister" I said with my chin held high.

"So what if I step on you?" he asked. I frowned even more.

"You won't even dare" I said. He smirked. I can sense him moving his foot. I would shout at him with my loudest but our food just came and his foot is back in place.

"I could watch it every day, the way you're color drained from your face" he whispered to himself but loud enough to hear it. I shoot him thousands..NO..millions of daggers with my stare. Until I realized there's no point fighting him with an empty stomach so I started eating. I can't help but moan from the flavor that burst inside my mouth. What's with the food in this place? I took another bite and moaned again. "What the hell are you moaning for?"

"The food's great, idiot" I said with my mouth full. Then I took another bite while looking at him, moaning and licking my lip.

"Are you teasing me?" he accusingly asked. I raised a brow.

"Why would I, huh?" I mocked. Well come to think of it, I really looked like teasing him but I was not! I blame the food for tasting so good!

"Maybe you got dibs on me" he said.

"Dream on, asshole" I said and finish my burrito up and started with my fries. Then I felt shivers down my spine so I looked outside. I think there's someone watching me from the outside. Then my eyes landed on top of a building. There's someone there. Red piercing eyes. I stood up.

"Hey, what's up?" Nick asked but I ignored him.

"Be back in a sec" I said and got out of the fast food. He nodded at me and the wind blew. And I saw how he disappeared. Who is he? But there's no doubt he's a vampire. I took in a deep breath and I can smell a whole lot of vampire just outside of these territory. "Holy hell"