Chapter 7

It's been so long guys. Please pardon the typos and wrong grammar. Thanks

Chapter 7

I stared at her as she did her thing. Her skin is porcelain, so smooth. I would know that because she brushed my hair away from my face with her hand then slide the back of her hand on my cheek. I saw how Nathan stayed and just quietly sat in a chair. His eyes just trained on me.

Minutes passed and not a pain in my chest was left. Damn, she's so powerful. I would easily turn and be a lesbian for her but I don't want to bend that way and I'm pretty sure I'm straight as a ruler. I sat down and notice that we're the only ones in the house and the werewolves that pinned me down is nowhere to be seen and even the nice girl with them.

"Why'd you call me your niece?"

"You're so beautiful to be a daughter of that disgrace twin of mine" I looked at her. I can't find the words I wanted to say to her. She smiled at me and sat next to me. "Your father is banished from our land. I know that you're his because of the scent of your blood"

"B-banished?" I asked as I stutter. It felt weird because my throat is the only thing that hurts now. Serve him right. Serve that asshole right!

"Well, of course. He nearly destroyed the treaty between the werewolves and the vampires because of what he did to your mother but that incident destroyed the treaty with the pack of your mother" she said. I looked down. "By the way, I'm Lucida"

She's so nice compared to my father, huh? I smiled at her weakly. I need to feed but I don't have the energy to even hunt down a prey. But if I don't feed I'll go crazy and lose control.

"I'm Heather" then she hugged me.

"Okay, Heather. Let's have an agreement" she started as I looked at her. Her eyes went back to crimson then settled in a cobalt hue. It's beautiful. It suits her. "You'll come with me so you will be safe. Safe and away from that bastard."

Even before I could speak a word, Nathan stood up. His eyes turning golden then black. "No, she won't be going anywhere!"

"And why not? Heather is not part of your pack, Alpha Nathan. She is just a lone hybrid that is peacefully living in your territory but she is not safe here" Lucida said. If I were to go with her then that might I would embrace my vampire side but I'm not yet ready to accept it. I still can't. No matter I do I can't accept it.

But if I go with her then that would mean I would be meeting some of my family. Would they accept me? I don't know. Though I don't want to leave Nathan.

Nathan flipped and his eyes went full black. "No, she won't be leaving"

"Why? She isn't yours. She's not even your mate! She is free to go" Lucida exclaimed. I stared at them.

"She is!" Nathan growled, punching a hole through a wall. I almost jump in shock but I gripped the couch with my hands. What the heck did he say? "She is mine!"

He shouted. Veins visible on his neck. Eyes nothing but pure charcoal black. I stared at him. Why am I his?! Lucida and I both stared at him. Waiting for more explanation. A small of bloom of hope have grown inside of me. No, stop. Assuming is such a bad thing to do right now. Very bad thing.

Nathan was about to shift and pounce on Luvida when it all happen. Lucida held my wrist and I felt my world turn as the scene morped into nohingness for a second until it turned into somewhere very very different from the place i had been just a second ago. The aura of this place put me in a dreamy state. It is as if I belong here. It is as if I can be who I am here but there is a gaping hole inside me that I cannot understand.

"Here is our clan's place. You'll be staying here and don't you worry about your things. I'll have somebody to get them" Lucida said in her melody of a voice. I was about to say something when I heard heavy footsteps heading towards where we are. My eyes darted to the direction of the sound which made me took a quick assessment of my surroundings.

God, was I in some kind of a palace? The actual fuck. It is not that traditional to have red velvet curtain of carpet but it did have a black velvet curtains. The chandeliers are nothing but modern. Hell everything is designed according to the year now. Motherfucker this place is impossible to have if you are a person like me who literallt walking around with a thin wallet.

I stopped my gawking as my gaze fixed on someone with again the same hue of gold as mine when I am in my vampire form. However his hair is cleaned cut. His eyes are pure and deep voids planted to my crimson ones. I can see small specks of silver in his eyes making me recall the vast sky of the night littered with stars of all sizes depending on their distance from this planet. No shit, his irises really are like the skies as I was allowed to have a closer view to it as he walks nearer. It suit him instead of making him creepy.

"Who's this?" He said. His voice is deep and whole. I felt Lucida took a sit obviously not on a table but to a rightful chair. The man casually step up and let his hand cup my cheek. Fucking hell is he trying to kill me?

"Stop playing with your grand daughter, Cain" Lucida said. What the fuck? He's my grand father. Fucking grand father. It is clear that Lucida said that I am his grand daughter so it means he is my fucking grand father. He's hot for a grand father. Oh I forgot, he's a vampire. "Her name is Heather"

"Then I shall call you my sweet Feather and you can always call me pops" he grinned at me. Is he kidding me? "Or Cain would be better if you prefer"

I froze when he leaned forward and brushed my hair away from my neck. He started inhaling until he moved away as if nothing happen.

"A true Shade" he said, pleased. I relax as I realized what he just did. I really thoight he is some sick psychopath who wanted nothing but to do something horrible to me. "Feather, there are lots pf rooms here so feel free to choose which you would be occupying. Just be sure it's unoccupied"

No shit. He is serious about calling me Feather. I glanced at Lucida who just gave me a nod and made my way to the stairs. But I glance back to see Cain looking at me with smile. "Who am I kidding? I would lead you to a room"

I kept glancing at him. They are unbelievably accepting. I bit my lip as I try to contain my hunger. I'm taking sharp breaths all of a sudden. A cold body rushed to my side.

"Someone's ignoring their urges" Cain said as he pulls on a black oddly shaped bottle and offered it to me. He nod at me so I took it and took a quick swig from the bottle. The sweet coppery taste of the thick liquid made me drink the whole bottle up. The blood is so sweet, so addicting. I want more. "An angel's blood is surely one of a kind but when you mix it with a drop of a demon's, that is something a drug for a pureblood"

"Angel's? Demon's?" I stared at him. He gave me a smile. I handed him his odd bottle and let him lead me somewhere. "How the hell did you acquire their blood?"

"Some humans arent the only ones who would voluntarily give their blood" he said as he open one door.

"Oh" that's all I could say to him. I turn to stare dumbly, I must describe myself, at my room. It is perfect like how perfect Cain's teeth are. "Why would you suddebly accept me?"

"You're a Shade. Every Shade is always welcome except spme few members" Cain gave me a look that is goving the hint of who is one of the few exemptions.

"But I'm a Cross right now" I met his universe pair of eyes. He just give me a look where he gives me the message that me being a Cross isn't a big problem. I nod at him. "Again but I am a wolf"

"You are a vampire as well" Cain said.

"No, just a wolf" I defiantly said. He just chuckled.

"Someone's in denial" he flicked my forehead before turning to leave me. I just look at his back until he closed the door. I sighed. I'm not in denial. I just know what I am. Whatever.

I removed Nathan's shirt and fold it neatly before going in the bathroom. Spraking of luxuries, this is more than I need. I willed mys3lf to turn into my human form instead of my vampire ones. Empty. My eyes are oddly empty than usual.