Chapter Ten: A New Beginning

"I have an assignment for you." Shelby said. Rich looked up worried, but his wife just handed him their two-year old son, Axel. "Diaper duty." She chuckled. Rich kissed her, and said in a gentle voice "I hate you so much." She smiled, and left to find their three year old daughter, Chrissie. It had been three years since they had moved to Illinois, away from the Program, away from everything. Rich changed his son's diaper, then picked him up, and brought him into the living room with his mother and sister. "Daddy!" Chrissie gasped. "Hey, princess!" He picked her up with his free arm, and kissed his daughter. Shelby looked at him with a happy smile on her face. "Hey, kiddos, why don't you go play in the playroom? I'm going to talk to your mother for a little bit." He said, setting them both down on the ground. When Rich saw the kids disappear up the stairs, he turned to his wife. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." She smiled. "Something's up, you don't smile like that for nothing." Rich teased. "Nothing! I can't just smile for no reason?" Shelby asked with a giggle. "Tell me, or I'll tickle it out of you." He said, holding up his hands. "No, don't tickle me, babe." She chuckled. "Three." He took a step closer to her. "No." She smiled. "Two!" He took another step. "One!" He tackled her, and started tickling her violently. "Okay!" She said in between laughs. "Okay, I'll tell you!" She panted. "Good. Do you need help up?" He asked. "No. I'm fine. Okay, I took a test yesterday..." Shelby started when she stood up. "And, we're having another baby!" She squealed. Rich's face lit up, and he gasped. "That's awesome!" He picked her up, and twirled her around a little bit. "What are you doing, Daddy?" Chrissie asked, walking into the kitchen with her brother. "You're getting another baby brother or sister!" He said excitedly. "Hopefully a girl. I can't put makeup on Axel, he squirms too much." She gumbled. "That would be good." Rich said warmly. "That would be good." He smiled, and thought about how lucky he is to have a family this amazing.

The End.