𝟐

De pushed the basket along the aisles of Walmart loading it with things to stock up her home

De pushed the basket along the aisles of Walmart loading it with things to stock up her home. She had finished with the groceries and made her way to the self care side. As she was was reaching for her favorite Honeypot pads, a familiar voice caught her attention.

"Why would you send me here for this?" The voice asked in frustration, "Niya, they literally all the same!"

"Ja look for the ones that got the number 2 on them. I don't want them big thick ass pads you got in yo' hand." The girl on the other end of the phone voiced causing her to laugh a little.

She decided to be helpful and walked over to the grab the correct size for him, "these are the ones she wants."

Ja said a quick thank you before doing a double take and smirking, "Ni, let me call you back and next time send mama to help yo' bleeding ass."

Ja ended his call with his younger sister and admired the woman in front of him. He could tell that no matter where she was going she made sure to put that shit on. He loved a woman that kept herself up.

"You staring a little too hard, boo. I could always send you a picture." De teased him.

"That mean you gotta give me what I been asking you for." Ja retorted.

It was no secret that for the past week he had been consistently being in her direct messages on Instagram. He had underestimated her when she said this wouldn't be easy.

"You ain't even close to getting my number, stink. You can keep trying though. We love consistency." De told him before going back to her basket and going around him with a petty smile on her face.

"I'll have it before the week over with!" Ja called out after her before she could exit off ofthe aisle.

It had been two days since the run in at the grocery store and De sat in her beauty room reading the messages she received from him today. She was currently waiting on her 2 o' clock client who was running ten minutes late.

De'Arra had multiple sources of income coming in to accommodate her lifestyle: part time MUA, brand ambassador and full time CEO of her own brand. With that many titles, she sometimes ran herself dry and would have to take well needed breaks.

A knock on the door caused her to lock the phone and trot to her front door. Since she considered herself partially famous, she did make her clients sign a non disclosure waiver to not give out her address.

"Hey gir—-what are you doing here?" Her face immediately went from a smile to a mug when she was met with Ja's wide smile.

"I'm here for my appointment." Ja confirmed that he was the one that had booked the appointment, "you gone let me in?"