𝟏

THE MELODIC sounds of Not Gon' Cry by Mary J

            THE MELODIC sounds of Not Gon' Cry by Mary J. Blige played throughout the newly bought luxury apartment located in Memphis, Tennessee as De'Arra moped around in her pajamas. She had moved back to her hometown from Atlanta after a messy public breakup with her ex-fiancé 3 months ago, but it still felt very fresh.

"While all the time that I was loving you, you were busy loving yourself." She hummed as she opened the empty refrigerator to grab the Ben & Jerry's ice cream. It had been the second pint she had been through in the past 24 hours.

The spoon didn't even get the chance to dig in before the black iPhone 13 Pro Max rang against the marble countertop. These days she rarely had it off of DND or even bothered to charge it.

"You better had been and answered this phone!" Her favorite cousin, Rylie, spoke into the phone, "cause I'm 10 minutes from yo' house!"

"How you know I wanted company?" She furrowed my eyebrows and ate a spoonful of the ice cream.

"Oh, honey I'm not coming to be your company." Rylie answered looking down at the phone that was sitting in her lap and then back up at the road, "I'm coming to take you out. I got us courtside tickets to the Grizzlies tonight."

"Ry, you know I'm not trying to be in the public right now." De'Arra frowned.

"De, you can't spend the rest of yo' life locked up like you Rapunzel or some shit." Rylie lectured, "It's time to pick yo' self up and show that man how big of a bag he fumbled."

De played with her ice cream as she sat in thought about what was just said to her. She knew it was time to move on and focus back on her brand. She knew tonight's appearance would somewhat show the world that life goes on although behind these 4 walls she was still fucked up.

"I'll leave the door unlocked for you." She finally agreed causing Rylie to squeal in excitement. She rolled her eyes and ended the call so she could get ready.

The two cousins were now sitting in the FedExForum arena where the game was being held at in their courtside seats waiting on the game to began. Rylie was drinking some alcoholic beverage she got from the stand while De checked her notifications.