𝟐𝟕

DE DIDN'T understand how Jamel did it

    DE DIDN'T understand how Jamel did it. He was fresh off the plane from a game and then they were on another flight to South Carolina for his high school jersey retirement just for him to have to turn right back around and catch a flight to Cleveland to meet his teammates to play the Cavaliers.

"What did the lawyer say?" De as they walked hand in hand on the land she had gifted him for the first time.

"The fact that I ain't sign her birth certificate when she was born.." Ja started nodding his head towards Journey who had ran a little further in front of them, "means biologically I'm her father, but legally I'm not. She said I just gotta get in court and prove I'm the best option for twin."

De could tell by how his body language changed that he wasn't up for elaborating on the topic more so she dropped it for now, "so what you gone do with all this?" she changed the subject pointing out to all the unoccupied land.

"I got so many ideas." His eyes lit up as ideas flowed through his mind, "I'm definitely gone do something special to bring our kids back too."

"Twin, look." Journey yelled gathering their attention causing them to laugh because kids will tell you to look just for them to jump 2 inches off the ground.

"Good job, twin!" Ja encouraged anyways. He was definitely a sucker for his baby girl and would make sure he fought for her.

De was making her way back from the restroom to the bleachers in the gymnasium of Jamel's old school Crestwood High where he and Journey sat surrounded by security. She paused to take a picture, but Journey moved at the last minute.

De took her seat next to them while examining the picture when she felt tapping on her shoulder

De took her seat next to them while examining the picture when she felt tapping on her shoulder. She turned around looking at Tee, Jamie, Niya, and Dtap who sat behind them wondering who it was until she saw Dtap smirking, "So what you think about them names I gave you?"

"When you seen our message thread turned green? That was your answer." De gave a sarcastic smile causing the one on his face to turn to a frown.

The gymnasium full of students and fans of Ja quieted down when the lights were turned down and a video reel of his high school highlights were projected. De laughed at how small he was compared to his jersey.