Chapter 5

April 15th 2010, 1:12am

Writing all my memories has made the dreams worse. So much worse. I haven't slept in two days. My mind is playing tricks on me due to lack of sleep. I keep thinking I see things that aren't there. I thought I saw The Man. I screamed but he wasn't there. I'm so frightened. I must continue writing, I must. I can't just leave it like this.

"Come on, White. It's been one whole freaking month" Red said.

"I know that" I whispered. "But we can't leave."

"Why not? If we just lay low he won't find us" She tried to convince me.

"Oh, you would know all about prison breaks, wouldn't you?" I asked her sarcastically. She sighed in a frustrated tone and started banging her head against the iron bars.

"Stop that" I said, annoyed.

"I'm going crazy in here. He only lets us out every few days. It's so cramped in here" She complained. I understood her completely. I so desperately wanted to leave this place forever but my brain told me we couldn't. If we escaped and then got recaptured, we would be treated alot worse.

"He hasn't done any of those weird tests on me" Red pointed out. I shrugged. Who knows what went inside that man's mind.

"You're not missing out on anything. Be thankful" I said rudely.

"Ouch, harsh" Red said, pretending to sound hurt.

"Sorry. I guess this place is making me crazy too, huh?" I said.

"THEN WE SHOULD ESCAPE GOD DAMMIT!!! I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT ALL ALONG" Red yelled.

"Shut up, he'll hear you" I said. "I never said that I didn't want to leave. I only said that we can't"

"Yeah yeah. It was just an idea, whatever" Red said angrily and turned her back to me. I rolled my eyes. None of us said a word. The only sound that could be heard was the thud of Red's head against the iron bars. I had no strength to stop her. So I let her.

I woke up to the sound of the cage opening. I must have fallen asleep at some stage. The thudding had stopped, Red was asleep next to him, her head against my shoulder. I looked towards the cage door and saw a boy, about the same age as me. I almost had a heart attack. I had seen noone but The Man and Red for the past month. Sometimes I forgot that other people existed.

"What the hell?" I said, confused.

"This place is pretty close to hell, isn't it?" The boy said. His voice was soft, velvety. I would say it was like music but that would sound to clique.

"Uhh, yeah" I said. "Who are you and why are you opening the cage?"

"My name is Blue" He said and that's when I noticed his hair.

"You're one of The Man's projects huh? His naming process is really terrible" I stated. He chuckled.

"I'm going to help you escape" He said.

"How did you get out?" I asked. "And no, you're not. I'm staying here"

"I've become friends with one of the guards" He said. Guards? That's new. "And yes, you are going to escape" He finally opened the door and held out his hand. Red was still fast asleep, obliviously to what was going on.

"NO!" I shrieked. "He'll kill us, HE'LL KILL US!"

"Keep it down, Jesus" He said, trying not to sound too panicked. "I have about five people waiting outside the door. The want to escape and I'm keeping them waiting. It's only you and the other girl left to save"

"Go. Leave" I said.

"No, I can't. I would never be able to sleep again" He said.

"You'll never be able to sleep again if you're dead" I said. He roared with laughter and I glared at him.

"Wanna know my power? It's quite boring, but still useful" He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"How about I show you?" He suggested. Before I could answer he picked me up with one arm, and Red with the other. It took him no effort at all.

"The fuck..." Red said.

"Now we escape" He said and I knew it was no use fighting.

No, he's going to get me. Please send help if you are reading this please. PLEASE.