thirteen

chapter thirteen [ MADMAX ]

chapter thirteen
[ MADMAX ]

one year later

chief jim hopper pulled up to the famous arcade melissa hopper and her friends had been going to lately, the palace. since the events of last year with will and melissa going missing in the woods, hopper drives melissa everywhere.

to school, wills house, back from school, well only sometimes, the arcade, etc. he fears something will happen to her again and he won't be there to save her.

"don't spend it all on stupid video games." hopper said, unlocking all the doors in the car, "money happens to be something i enjoy getting." he hands her a bag of quarters with a sigh.

melissa smiles from the passengers seat and grabs the bag from him, "that's the point, dad. video games are fun. maybe if you weren't so old, i would play some with you." she joked, earning a scoff from her father.

"im not that old."

"hm, sure."

"hopper!" shouted melissas four friends who were waiting outside the arcade for her. she sent them a wave and quickly hugged her father, opening the door of the car then stepping out of it and slamming it shut behind her.

hopper rolls down the window, "stay with the boys, alright? and if you need me just give me a call."

melissa nodded and waved to hopper as he drove off. she joined up with her friends and they all walked into the arcade immediately going to their favorite game; dragons lair.

well, the boys favorite game. she played once in a while but she liked cheering will on.

they all huddled around the game, watching dustin play.

"oh jesus! im in uncharted territory here guys." dustin said as they all stare at the screen.

"down! down! down!" lucas yelled.

"im going! im going!" dustin shouted, very very focused on what he was doing while the others continued yelling at him.

"no! no! no!" dustin yelled, as he watched his character die, "i hate this overpriced bullshit. son of a bitch." he angrily started kicking the side of the game.

"you're just not nimble enough, but you'll get there one day. but until then, princess daphne is still mine." lucas smirked.

"whatever. im still tops on centipede and dig dug." dustin rolled his eyes.