fourteen

chapter fourteen[ stop spying on me creeps ]

chapter fourteen
[ stop spying on me creeps ]

"there's no way that's madmax." mike said while him and the other boys all stared at her riding her skateboard, and melissa stood next to them, cold.

she was wearing a flannel and jeans, not her usual style but she's changed a lot in the past year.

"yeah. girls don't play video games." will said, then regretted it instantly after looking at melissa who was glaring at him, "besides mel."

she smiled.

"but how would she be able to get 760,000 points on dig dug?" mike asked, "i mean that's impossible."

"and her name is max." lucas said while they continued being creeps and watching the girl skateboard.

"so what?"

"so how many maxes do you know?" lucas asked and mike shrugged, "zero. that's how many."

"yeah. and she shows up to school the day after someone with her name breaks our score. i mean, are you kidding me?" dustin said.

"exactly. so she's gotta be madmax. she's gotta be." lucas agreed.

"plus she skateboards. so she's pretty awesome." dustin added.

"yeah, she looks pretty cool. maybe she can teach me some moves since i skateboard as well. imma go talk to her, cya." melissa said, as she left wills side and started walking toward max. the boys all tried shouting for her to come back, but it was no use, she was too far.

"hey, max, right?" melissa asked, as she walked up behind the girl and the boys continued to watch from afar, wondering what they were saying.

"yeah, you're melissa right? mel for short." max asked, kicking up her skateboard and picking it up.

"yeah....how did you..." melissa said, realizing she hadn't even introduced herself yet.

"people talk. plus im in your english class and you're pretty well known." max chuckled, melissa chuckling as well.

"so, my friends over there seem to kinda like you..." melissa turned around, pointing at the boys who all immediately turn around and act like they weren't just staring.

"i've noticed." max rolled her eyes.

"oof. well, they assume someone with your name beat dustins high score on dig dug. so, they've been spying on you and doing a real crappy job." melissa laughed, looking over at the boys and waving.

"what is she doing?!" dustin asked, wanting to know what they're saying.

"i don't know!"

"well, could you give them this?" max asked, crumbling up a piece of paper with writing on it and handed it to melissa.