Chapter 5 : Final Key

The train doors opened to reveal a void with sentences that seems to glow as a path on the ground. Unlike the other times when the door opened to reveal a white bright light, it seems to reveal a different view this time.

"Follow me." Mira gestured towards them with a stoic face unlike her usual gentle smiling expression.

Their steps echoed and with each step, the sentences under their feet glowed in a light blue color. It was beautiful and relaxing. However, it did not calm the hearts of the companions who are eager to see the man they cherished so much.

10 steps.

20 steps.

30 steps.

After 10 minutes of walking, following the sentences on the ground, the path stops.

There are no more words and now they are standing in front of a door, a familiar door.

"It's here... " Jihye whispered quietly but it's loud enough for them to hear her.

The door had four holes. Each is shaped differently and has different colours glowing from inside the key hole.

Mirai pulled out the four keys and handed it to them.

The first key, the day Kim dokja killed his father. The key that is shaped like a knife is handed over to Yoo sangah as she is the person who've stayed with Kim dokja the longest here.

In the train, it was her who sat next to him. Even before he met Gilyoung and Hyunsung who were inside the same train as they are, she was the first to become his friend from the moment the scenario started.

The next key, the key that has a shape of a building on it's edges. The key was given to Han sooyoung. The day Kim dokja had attempted suicide was also the day Kim dokja will be introduced to the novel.

Han sooyoung, the person who wrote the novel wished for the boy to survive and live. That is why she made it in the first place.

The third key, the key that is shaped like a star shining in the night sky is handed towards Biyoo. This was the time when Kim dokja had told Yoo joonghyuk about her. This was the time, her two guardians, made a nebula. This was also the time when Kim dokja became the star that everyone loved.

Biyoo had been by his side and loved the man as her father, her parent. She had developed a personality similar to his and not to mention his appearance also matches her's.

To Biyoo, receiving the honor to use this key was like her getting the chance to be born once again. All that waiting, all that suffering, it was worth it just like how in the past she had waited for him.

The fourth key, the key with the number 1863. The time when Yoo joonghyuk of that regression splits into two and sacrificed himself for Kim dokja. The man who is holding the key is of course, Yoo joonghyuk.

The protagonist that this reader thought of so preciously. The companions that not even death can tear them apart. They each have gone through countless years of pain just to meet each other. The protagonist who would venture into the deepest parts of the universe to get him back.

They each put in their keys and turned it with a click sound. The keys now glowed in varieties of different colours. The door slowly opened to reveal a large library.

'How nostalgic.. ' Yoo sangah let her hand touched the books and shelfs. She had worked and stayed here at some point in the past.

The library was empty unlike how they first came here. Nirvana was not there, it was just them inside the large library.