Chapter 10: Incomplete Revelations

"What the hell!" Princess Huma shrieked as she backed away from Eira who was just as frozen.

"Please, calm down, I-" Eira began, but got cut off immediately.

"Calm down? What are you doing in the royal chambers?"

Before Eira could reply, she continued,

"Strict violation of your duty!" Princess Huma pointed at Eira and marched towards the chesterfield sofa while exclaiming, "I'm calling the guards!"

"Please, let me explain," Eira stopped in front of her and quickly said, "I was only looking for a phone," She had to reveal what she came for or else she would not be spared.

Princess Huma looked at her, a surprised look stretched on her face as she answered sternly, "As if you don't have that in your quarters!"

Eira knew she was right as all the belly dancers made avail of the phone at the reception in their complex when they had to talk to their close ones.

"I could not use that phone," She simply stated as she looked at the open curtains, avoiding Princess Huma's gaze, waiting for another set of questions.

"And, why?" She arched an eyebrow while placing a hand on her right waist.

Eira noticed she had the curves in all the right places, the party dress fitted her perfectly.

"The conversation could get traced," She said as she finally lifted her eyes to meet hers and continued, "I could not risk that,"

Princess Huma's expression morphed to one when you weren't sure what just happened as she stared at Eira who couldn't decipher what was going on in the royal's mind. Nonetheless, the princess' action proved what it reeled about as she grabbed the telephone.

Attempting to actually save herself for the first time, the princess stilled like a statue when Eira uttered the words relating her harsh reality,

"I got sold to someone in this Palace. The belly dancing's merely a cover, I was seeking help,"

"Excuse me?" Princess Huma's gaze snapped on Eira, her tone made it evident she felt like an insult was thrown her way as her thick strand-long brown hair fell back behind her shoulder.

"You heard me right," Eira looked at her intently with most honesty she could muster in her eyes and respectfully continued, "I do not know certainly the person behind, but Jalal for sure is involved,"

All of a sudden, Eira felt like a bulldozer's weight was lifted off her chest. It felt liberating to finally speak the truth after so long, as she became weary of the façade day after day.

A forced flow of laughter followed, interrupting her from feeling lighter as the tension became palpable. It would be a total disaster if the royal Princess refused to believe her. Judging from her reaction, it didn't seem like she would be on her side.

"You're telling me Jalal is behind this? Oh wait! You don't know who bought you, but you know Jalal's in it?" She sarcastically remarked, completely making fun of her, but Eira nodded anyway, maintaining a fierce serious expression.

"Yes, because the trader agent ordered me to meet Jalal when I was brought here which means he knows about the transaction. Besides, I know you have to have an audition to qualify as a royal belly dancer. I just never went through this process. You can confirm it with Sophia, she made me perform my actual audition once I was already enrolled in the class and I was awarded first row since this is what I used to do for a living back in New York." Eira stated.

"For one second if I believe you, how come you're so sure you're here for something else other than belly dancing?" Princess Huma queried as she hesitated to lay her trust in her.