seventeen

chapter seventeen[ d'artagan ]

chapter seventeen
[ d'artagan ]

"rise and shine," hopper said in a sing songy voice, standing at the doorway of elevens room.

mel woke up, hearing hopper talking to eleven. she sighed and stood up, walking to her closet and pulling out a grey sweater and a pair of jeans.

melissa then opened the door of her room and spotted hopper and eleven eating the famous
triple-decker eggo extravaganza.

"good morning sleeping beauty." hop said with a smile.

melissa mumbled a 'good morning' and walked over to the bathroom with her clothes in her hands, slamming the door.

she first brushed her hair and put it in a braid then changed into the sweater and jeans. she sighed, looking at herself in the mirror, quickly adding some mascara, learning that the boys liked it on her.

"just don't think about it." she told herself, putting on a fake smile and opening the bathroom door.

hopper and eleven were in the middle of an argument so melissa quickly slipped out the door and made her way to school.

—————

"the case of phineas gage is one of the great medical curiosities of all time. phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. a large iron rod was driven completely through his head." mr. clarke explained to the class, while showing pictures on a projector.

as usual, will, mike, lucas and dustin were the only ones who really paid attention but dustin hadn't shown up to school yet which was weird.

melissa sat in her seat, struggling to stay awake. last night, she couldn't sleep, thinking too much about the shadow thing that was chasing after her.

the party members and max constantly glanced over at melissa in class to make sure she was okay, and still awake. when she got to school today, she wasn't her usual self and since the events of last night, the group thinks it had something to do with it.

mike had told lucas about how will had an episode and lucas told mike that melissa had one too. both of them strangely similar.

as melissa was slowly falling asleep again, the door of the classroom flew open and melissa jumped up, as dustin came running into the classroom with all his books in his hands.

"i am so sorry mr. clarke. really im so sorry. please continue with the class. don't mind me." dustin apologized, as he walked to his seat. it was oddly weird that dustin was late to class, since he never was and it had all his friends wondering where he was before this.