eighteen

chapter eighteen [ what's wrong with him? ]

chapter eighteen
[ what's wrong with him? ]

after school had ended, and the party was on their way to show mr. clarke dustin's discovery. mike walked to will's locker, seeing melissa there with him, "you guys coming?" he asked.

"yeah, sorry." melissa said, holding her bag straps and leaning against the locker. but will on the other hand, didn't look so happy. he closed his locker and walked towards mike, looking a bit scared, "what's wrong?"

"it's about d'artagnan." will mumbled, looking up at mike.

"wha-what about him?" mike asked the boy, beginning to get a little worried.

"i think....i think he's from the upside down. the noises he made, i heard them. yesterday....and....i saw something that looked like him on christmas, just smaller." will said, his lip quivering as he talked.

melissa's eyes widened as she thought back to when she coughed up something that looked just like dart as well and glanced between the two boys, "i saw it too. christmas night."

will looked at her shocked, thinking why she never told him.

"shit. we can't let mr. clarke see him." mike said, looking at the lovebirds then they all ran off to mr. clarkes classroom, pushing past any kids that were in the way.

"i swear, dan! move your ass!" melissa yelled at the bully, who jumped out of the way quickly.

"stop!" mike yelled as he ran through the classroom, followed by mel and will, "i'm really sorry mr. clarke. it was all just a prank." mike grabbed the trap box off of the desk.

"the hell are you doing?" dustin asked mike, confused on what he was doing.

"i told him to stop. we need to go. right now, right now!" mike yelled, leaving the classroom with the trap in his hands. the other three all besides will and mel, glanced at each other and then followed mike out of the classroom.

"have a good day mr. clarke." mel smiled at the teacher since she and will were the last ones in the class, and walked away, leaving mr. clarke hella confused.

——————-

the group all now stand inside the AV room while max was outside, banging on the door, begging for them to let her in. mike told them not to let her in and this now made lucas and dustin worried.

"hello? hello! guys come on, can i come in yet?" max yelled from the hallway outside.

"no!" mike yelled back. melissa felt really bad for max. she was left out of a lot of things but she understood where mike was coming from. max didn't know anything about what had happened last year, especially what happened to mel and will.