iii

"Fuck!", i heard Tyler shout from the living room making me rush to him with only a towel on. I was getting ready to go for a business dinner with Dad and he was going to come pick me up in an hour. Tyler was panting and looked confused with papers in his hand, i took them without asking him anything. The bank had denied his request for loan, again. "Tyler am so sorry, we are not giving up ok? we will try another bank", i said with sincerity but he turned to me, looking at me like i grew two heads. "Try again? Really? You can't be serious right?", he was fuming at this point i was still not getting his reason for being the way he is. "You know that you can just withdraw the money from your account and give me but i guess am not an investment worth considering huh?", to say i was shocked was an understatement, this was the first time that he was asking for money from me. The anger in his eyes was just scary and before i could answer there was a knock on the door. "Go get dressed, i will open the door", he said while walking towards the door. 

"Is everything ok between you and Tyler?", Dad asked the moment we got in the car. "Yes Dad, his loan request was denied by the bank again so he was just upset that's all". "He has to keep trying, nothing comes easily, he should know better than anyone". "I know Dad, i just feel bad for him that's all". "Look, i know you want to help your boyfriend Sweety, but trust me, he is not worth it, i promise you that things will get better you just need to hang in there and let him fight for his dream ok?", his voice was full of hope, so he was not mocking me huh! that was a first.

We arrived at the hotel, the client was waiting for us. Mr. Grey was known for his amazing architectural designs all over Japan and he wanted to celebrate reaching ten years in the market by announcing his new branch in China. It was an easy job but Dad gave me the project.
"I love the ideas Lina, let's run with them", he said happily after i finished my presentation. "Great, i will prepare a budget and share it with you by next week", i said and we shook hands concluding our meeting. "I think i smell my vacation coming sooner that i expected", Dad said with a huge smile on his face. "Don't you dare", i replied as i hugged him good night. The truth is i didn't want to be back in the apartment. I was not ready to face Tyler. What he was saying was true but it did not feel right. It was not my money, it was my family's money and i had no right to it. I love him more than anything but i just can't do it, it will prove my Dad right.

I entered the apartment. It was so quiet well it was close to midnight so no surprise there. I took a bath and got between the sheets, turned my lamp off and tried my best to get a shut eye. I was pulled towards his warm chest making my body relax instantly, "Am sorry, i didn't mean to say what i did, i just...am sorry". Here is the thing, Tyler never apologises, never! So the fact that he was doing it right now made me smile, i hugged him tighter making him release a breath and at that moment i knew that this whole thing was taking a toll on him and i was going to help the man i love. Dad was going to hate me but i knew he would get over it. Tyler needed me more. His graduation was in a month and i was going to give him a gift that he will value forever.

The next morning i left before he was up, i had to find a way to get the money he needed and i knew just the guy to make it happen. "Good morning Ronald", "Miss Riverson? What are you doing here?", well i get why he is surprised so no offense taken on that part. I was never one to try to be known by everyone, my team did stuff for me. "I need your help, as one of the major shareholders i can request funds for small investments right?", "That is correct Miss Riverson", "ok, run me through on what i need to do", i instructed and we spent three hours doing just that. Turns out i could withdraw up to a hundred grand without Dad's approval, it was like early Christmas. Tyler only needed seventy grand to start his business. "But Miss Riverson, may i know when you need the funds?", " In the next two weeks why?". " The amount that is available was part of Mr. Grey's expansion if we temper with it there might be delays in some deliverables in the project because according to company policy your investment has to pass by some vetting but i get that you don't wish to follow the long process otherwise you wouldn't come here yourself right?", i nod my head and asked, "Delay? How?". "Production depends on ideas from marketing team, so whenever there is a project we usually make sure that there is a stand by budget for that, if we process this and they place a request for the entire amount we wont be able to accommodate them", that made sense but based on the business plan Tyler had he was able to return the money in three months and he was sure of it. "Projects like Mr. Grey's usually take up to six months right?", "Yes, Sometimes". "Ok, my plan is to have the money returned in three months so can we still make it work right? I don't want my Dad getting involved yet. The business is fairly new but the idea is solid but i want to do this on my own", he looked concentrated on his laptop then did some typing and finally agreed with me.