xii

It was Monday and i kept on looking at the contract, making sure that they signed on the right page, i was nervous. Cheng tried to give me a pep talk when we face timed in the morning, i just said i understood for the sake of it. 

I went straight to Dad's office after knocking i saw that he was having breakfast with Mum, i haven't seen her in a long time. She looked ok, but she was not her usual bubbly self. "Lina, sweety, how are you?", she said after hugging me. I smiled, "Am ok Mum, i see you are still keeping the tradition going", i teased making her laugh, the reaction made her look younger. I pulled back and gave Dad a flat 'good morning Sir' which he replied to. Yap, the guilt is still there and am sure by the look on Mum's face she was not aware of our current relationship. I watched as his eyes widened in shock, he went through the document and landed at the contract value, "Lina! When did this happen? You went to China? How?", "Hey guys are you done i have to go to practice, i have to be at the stadium-", Leo stopped in his tracks when he saw me, yes i was avoiding him too. "Lina...hey", "Hi, good game against the giants", that surprised him, i have never missed Leo's game, not even one i just watched at the comfort of my sofa. "You watch my games?", he asked and i nod my head with a smile. He pulled me in for a hug, i missed his hugs, i missed his teasing and i just missed my brother. "I miss you", "I miss you too. I have to get back to work", i hugged Mum goodbye and went to my office.

"Boss have you seen the email?", Jay asked, i shook my head and opened my inbox.

'Dear team,
We are happy to announce that Gravity Constructions has reunited with Riverson International effective immediately.
Our special appreciation goes to Miss Riverson (Vice President) and team.
Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Riverson'

I know corporate communications email and i could tell the difference. My Dad wrote the email, he was clearing my name since people were asking why was i sitting in a cube ever since i returned. The truth is being in the Vice president's office felt wrong and i was never good at pretending in stuff like these. People started coming to my cube congratulating me. I was called to my Dad's office before leaving. So i went there and found him deep in paperwork with a glass on whiskey on the side. "Please have a sit", i did as i was told. I was looking at the floor when he came infront of me and kneeled. I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes, he couldn't form words and neither could i, so i kneeled infront of him too and pulled him in a hug. We stayed the same for a while just holding on to each other. I missed him, i missed my Dad. "I love you sweetie", "I love you too Dad, I promise to not repeat my mistakes", i said and cried harder, he held me tighter. "I know and i don't care i just want my daughter back", he said and i felt the wetness on my shoulder.

"How do you feel?", Cheng asked when i was having my night time call with him. It was more of a tradition now. We talk twice a day, morning and night, even if it's a quick 'how are you'. "I feel lighter and happy", "Good, i miss you so much", "I miss you too Cheng, i hope i will get some time off next week or i will try to see if i can work online". "I would love that. By the way Kelly refused to let me leave for my birthday, do you mind coming here to spend it with me and may be meet my family?", i did not expect the last part. "You want me to meet your family?", "Yes why not? Lina, i told you that your it for me but if your having second thoughts i understand", i was giving the wrong message. "What! No i just, i've never been good enough to get a chance like that, do you think they will like me?", he chuckled making me blush, i was being childish. "Cupcake they already do, be here by tenth ok?", "Ok, have a great day at work", "Thank you and you have a good night". Wait, what did he mean they already did? Do they know that i exist or how i look like. Urgh! I hated surprises. And how come i never saw his family anywhere. This was so confusing. I had a week to put my affairs in order so that i could travel to London for Cheng's birthday i just hope that all our plans were in tact and Kelly managed to do all the things we agreed on. It was going to be the first time i did such a thing for a man. But then again Cheng was different from Tyler and i loved the fact that he made sure that i was happy by being there for me every time i needed him. He also made sure that we talked about everything he planned on doing even though there was also Kelly in between.